• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Call to action button for albums (admin & manager roles)

Rodolfo

⭐ Chevereto Godlike
Chevereto Staff
Administrator
💡Describe your Feature request

At this time Chevereto is being used mostly as an image hosting service or an asset management. With the addition of purchase buttons Chevereto could be easily used to sell products by adding a simple purchase link on albums. This "buy button" gets defined at album level and all images under that level inherits the same purchase link, so users can buy from any child element.

What they can buy? Anything, actually it doesn't matter as the buy link points anywhere you may need to: Your online store, a checkout page, etc. We could also customize the call to action text (Buy, Contact, Book, etc.).

👏Where did you saw this?

I've been consuming highly illegal drugs and the ideas comes by all the time. Just joking, I have seen this everywhere but I don't know why we don't have it here yet.

🔥Interest outside our community

None that I'm aware of.

I think this is perfect idea to turn a chevereto site into stock image marketplace(like Gettyimages or Alamy). Photographers can list their pictures for sale and interested buyers can easily buy images.

Implementing a check out and payment system will be the hard part.

Implementing a check out and payment system will be the hard part.
Not really, at our end it will be just a link. We aren't going to take any participation on the checkout and payment system, it turns this requirement from a simple solution to a complex problem without even test if it will catch the users attention in the first place.

If you want to handle the checkout and payment, for goods offered using Chevereto I suggest you to get a service that fill that need, one that was made from scratch with that goal like Shopify or any other e-commerce based solution.

Asking us to consider these extras is out of the question.

@Rodolfo your cleared my doubts. I though you are going to get diverted by adding a checkout system and now I am happy that you sticking with core system and it’s enhancement

This is more like link available on FaceBook Page or Google Business where people can link to their store or phone number

And the button can be like Buy Now, Shop Online or Call Us

But I wonder this will also lead to lots of spam registration as there are many dumb SEO people creating account and adding their client website to the chevereto image hosting site thinking that will boost their SEO. And it is totally junk to the website owners.

Adding this new feature will multiply the registration count as they will have now more ways to backlink to their dumb clients . So we need a better moderation system when this feature is added and so we can avoid

1) spammy seo link
2) scam payment link
3) scam phone numbers

And to make this more attractive. You can count the clicks to the button and so user can know how effective the website was for their marketing stuffs.

Last edited:
But I wonder this will also lead to lots of spam registration as there are many dumb SEO people creating account and adding their client website to the chevereto image hosting site thinking that will boost their SEO.
Of course, a total valid concern. That's why this will be available only for admin/manager, perhaps later some user groups could also grant this permission but for the initial feature it will be not available for normal users.

I've updated the RFC title to remark the user scope.

Back