• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Building the next-gen Chevereto: Your opinion matters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodolfo

⭐ Chevereto Godlike
Chevereto Staff
Administrator
Our own brand new PHP 7 based application framework, Chevere ("cool" in Spanish), is shaping the guts of the next-gen Chevereto. This process started more than one year ago, and it demanded a complete code rewrite which is still on-going. The business model is also going to change thanks to the future Open Source V4, its add-ons and of course, the SaaS offering.

There are a lot of changes going on, and I need your feedback so I can make better decisions and honor those who have used and made this software possible.

Your opinion matters, and that's why I'm running a survey which aims to understand better how you use Chevereto. Your feedback is crucial as it gives me a context and helps me to build a better product.

The survey is open for everybody and please, feel free to spread it to any potential Chevereto user.

Link: https://forms.gle/B3tU2V7CSykJCpoA6

Thank you,
Rodolfo.

Hi Rodolfo,

i would like to answer your survey, but google prompts me to log in - but i don't have a google account and i will not sign up with them just for the sake of answering a survey...

I'm sorry, but the survey requires verified unique responses and the only way Google provides that is by login in.

Completed and thanks for the survey, that is a really thoughtful thing. Most people/companies would have just developed, asking your userbase is honestly a really nice thing. A+ bro.

Thanks to everybody who have already completed the survey. The only way in which I can craft better software if you tell me where I've to drive.

This survey will be closed in 5 days (it will roll just one month) so if you haven't answered please do.

The survey has been closed, many thanks to all those who participated.

I tried to reply to everyone comments in the survey and to make things better, I've opened a Trello board where I'm detailing all the work in progress and changes about to be made.

The changes are massive, not only in the software but the business model, the product offering and the way the organization works. I know that the updates are taking long, but please take the time to understand how massive are all the changes.

Results summary

Q: How you want to primary use Chevereto?
46% uses the software as a community system. 47% use the software in a personal manner. Only 7% use it as an API.

Q: How many installations you require?
63% requires one single installation. 32% requires between two and five. Only 5% of users need more than five.

Q: Customization needed?
67% needs support for plugins and themes. 20% needs unique customization. 13% doesn't need any customization.

Q: Integrate it with other services?
66% wants integration with other services.

Q: How you provision the server required to run Chevereto?
72% manage the server. 28% pays for a managed server.

Q: Do you run Chevereto in a shared server?
58% doesn't use shared servers. 42% uses shared servers.

Q: Are you interested in Chevereto SaaS?
Only 25% is interested.

Results comments

The following summarizes what I got from this survey:
  • The software must improve its API usage (V4 will address this anyway)
  • We won't longer limit ourselves what the software can do in the context of supporting jailed servers. Support for managed servers (jailed) will be dropped in favor of servers with root access. As 28% will be negatively affected for this, we must prepare guides and documentation to show users how to get used to unmanaged servers.
  • 87% needs some degree of customization (V4 will address this)
  • 25% interested in the SaaS. A surprise for me, and tells me that plenty users got into self-hosting Chevereto just because there's no alternative.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back