• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Autoresize

Mario

Chevereto Member
Can Cheverto automatic autoresize/reduce image?
For example if user upload image like 3MB can Chevereto reduce it to for example 1 or 1,5MB? Maybe also resolution...

Thanks.

Yes. In the dashboard panel you can configure automatic resize if the image is greater than X resolution. It doesn't work setting a max size, just resolution.

dashboard/settings/image-upload

"Maximum image size"

Yes. In the dashboard panel you can configure automatic resize if the image is greater than X resolution. It doesn't work setting a max size, just resolution.

dashboard/settings/image-upload

"Maximum image size"

No it is not working. I have an image frame (tumbnail) to fit on the uploaded image but it is not working well. How can I change it to custom size like 1280x800

You are asking like 3 different concepts as just one thing. Let me summarize the whole thing:

1. Chevereto downscale large images, specified in Dashboard > Settings > Image upload (Maximum resolution). This will only affect images larger than the target resolution.
  2. You can't force every uploaded image to fit a certain resolution, it only works for downscale (not upscale option).
  3. You can't automatic issue resize if the image size is bigger than X bytes.
  4. On each upload process, user can manually set the target resize for each image (litte edit button on top of each image).

Anything else the answer is plain simple: You need to customize the system to achieve that and before you ask, I'm not available for that kind of customization job at this time.

Hope it helps.

P.S. Try to keep your concerns on-topic. This is a forum, everything gets archived and is not optimal to have several different topics under the same thread.

Some users upload image from smartphone... and smartphone image size is maybe 2/3MB and it would be nice Chevereto automatic reduce maybe 0,5/1MB...
Ok?

Thanks.

Last edited:
No, I can't add that. I don't know any algorithm to detect target image resize needed to reach X bytes. The only way I know how to do it involves step-by-step resizing and that thing eats a lot of memory.

If you know some algorithm let me now please.

Back