• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

About direct linking on paid version

melquesedek

Chevereto Noob
I want to know of the paid version have protection against direct linking of secret images.
I have just (for the first time) installed the community version, but when I uploaded a image on a secret album, the image was still avaliable through direct linking.
The paid version has protect against that?

▶ Reproduction steps
  1. Create a secret album.
  2. upload a image.
  3. Open the uploaded image.
  4. Right click and click 'copy image link' or 'copy image address'.
  5. Open browser in private, or without a login.
  6. Image will be shown.
😢 Unexpected result

[The image is shown, instead of keeping it secret.]

📃 Error log message

[Not needed]

No edition alters the distributuon of images, your static server does that and Chevereto doesn't restrict that access at all.

You would need to do something called hot link protection, this can easily be done by using specific coding in .htaccess that blocks direct access to image extensions. So if some 1 tries to read for example .jpg file it will give 404 not found or something else that you have told it to give instead.

But keep in mind this is outside of what chevereto does! This is something you do yourself on your host.

Back