• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

[4.0] Download only Updated Files

ashkir

👽 Chevereto Freak
Suggestion:

I would like an option on Chevereto to only download updated files for each update instead of the entire update package.

Thanks

IMO the process is quite fast when you use the one click update. I don't see the need for this.

V4 updates will rely in composer/git, which is the modern way to handle packages.

This would be really helpful for those like us who have put in many customizations. At the moment, we have to redo everything after each update just to be sure. So it would be good, if we can at least have a list of files that get affected in each update.

This would be really helpful for those like us who have put in many customizations. At the moment, we have to redo everything after each update just to be sure. So it would be good, if we can at least have a list of files that get affected in each update.
You are mixing concepts. Like I said before, VCS will be made using git and packages will be distributed with composer. Git will allow to generate/view any delta and composer will allow to handle just what is needed.

If you heavy customize any system is way better if you do a fork and keep track using git, you should get into it as it will save you all the hassle of having to read list of changes.

Thank you! I appreciate it!

I'm probably going to start keeping better track of it. Anyone have any suggestions for something that's not github? I don't want to support an anti jewish company.

Anyone have any suggestions for something that's not github
git doesn't necessarily mean github.

Code:
Git is software for tracking changes in any set of files, usually used for coordinating work among programmers collaboratively developing source code during software development. Its goals include speed, data integrity, and support for distributed, non-linear workflows.

so, it can be gitlab, bitbucket or self hosted gitea

not github? I don't want to support an anti jewish company.
Far as I know github apologized for that. Anyway, you can also use gitlab, bitbucket. I've used both in the past, they are OK. For me github is just way superior.

Back