• Hey Guest, don't forget to VOTE on each RFC topic. Your voting determine Chevereto development! No votes, no development.
  • Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Zip download for albums

Problem that I've with this functionality is that it must be limited in some way. Either you will be allowed to download your own albums or to have a queue system to deliver the files because it is a huge potential bottleneck to DDoS attacks. Zipping large albums is an expensive task for the machine and if this album has images in external storage is also a huge task for the network interface.

I'm aware that the idea of this is to be able to download albums and maybe download selected images or albums. But like I said, it won't work like that because the potential to break the website is large and I don't want to open that opportunity for attackers. Chevereto based websites trends to be huge websites so I can't just pop out a feature that could compromise those systems.

Chevereto based websites trends to be huge websites so I can't just pop out a feature that could compromise those systems.

Thank you. We tend to focus on people to build up a portfolio and share their work... If someone wants to save an image sure, but for a graphics designer or photographer who has a ton of images... I don't find it a great idea for a person to be able to just download everything with one or two clicks. :/

Back