• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Your Internet Connection

the worst internet ever in this thread.

No - I have the worst connection ever!

4935174308.png

I have free unlimited WiFi Access included with my 4G Connection. For that I pay 899 Baht (~ 25 Dollar/month). 4G download is limited to 12GB - but using WiFi is free.
Today I buy a better antenna and now it jumps between 3-5MB down and around 1MB up. I'm too far away from the next access point.

I used before the WiFi access from my apartment. But it cut many times the connection and was also very slow (500 Baht (~ 14 Dollar) per month with 3MB/1MB) - so that I never get the 3MB down all the time.

Here in Thailand only the owner of the Apartment/House can make an contract with an Internet company. I ask my Landlord for an own line for me - but he did not allow that.

Now I need to try live with an slow connection. Sometimes I use my phone as hotspot and then I get 21MB/17MB ;) But the problem is that just 12GB traffic included.

Germany, Wuppertal - 120 Euro (128 USD) per month
- Entertain (TV), Germany National League 1/2, Sky (Pay TV), 50.000 VDSL and Home Phone

5050117609.png

Sweden
$50 / month
This is actually the connection I'm running Zimg.se on right now but the site is fast... must be because of the well written code. ;)
In a few months I'm getting 250/100 and at a lower price than I pay now.

Damn guys, I feel like my ISP is in a barn somewhere here. 60 bucks for 40dn 2up.

It's amazing how countries with a lower economical status than the US are able to provide faster internet for MUCH cheaper. It's rather flabbergasting. Mostly East EU nations...

Wait a second, I'm seeing that most are posting local data (within your country) and that doesn't tell the full story.

Local:
5550699298.png

International (San Jose, CA, USA):
5550702612.png

Local :
up 38.94 /down 42.87 down Mbps
ping 2ms

International (San Jose, CA, USA):
up 35.56/down 38.83 Mb/s
ping 230ms

57cfe46abab1d367da775b4968d9838b.md.png

My internet connection at home.

20Mbits down/ 20Mbits up

Symmetrical speed connnect at $12.5/month.

Edit: Just wanted to add that it is a new ISP. Internet isn't cheap othetwise in my country. Often times it is out of reach in many locations as internet service is unavailable in less developed areas. Maybe this company will ignite a trend of a better cheaper internet accesibility throughout the nation.
They also provide 50Mbits symmetrical connection at $26.5/month

Last edited:
Back