• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Yahoo blocking Chevereto activation email

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkerala

👽 Chevereto Freak
Recently I received the following bounce back message for an activation email.

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

Delivery to the following recipients failed.

Final-Recipient: rfc822;**********@yahoo.de
Action: failed
Diagnostic-Code: smtp;554 Message not allowed - Headers are not RFC compliant[291]

I was able to sent the email after removing the long activation URL.

I tried contacting Yahoo and this was their reply

It appears there were some discrepancies within the headers that were created when the message was sent.

Unfortunately, this is an issue that Yahoo can’t resolve.

You'll need to address this with your vendor or system administrator so they can evaluate your email sending program and/or your server settings.

I am sure many users have signed up with yahoo mail. Not sure why yahoo started blocking all on a sudden.

Are you using SMTP or phpmail() ?

I am using phpmail() which inturn uses my SMTP server configured on windows server which also host the site.

I was unable to configure SMTP in Chevereto as it keeps saying invalid SMTP server and username.

I've updated PHPMailer in the demo. Can you try the demo?

Try to register using that yahoo email address. I don't have a yahoo email that's why I'm asking for it.

Got it. Little delayed about 2-3 mins.

Could you also tell me why I am getting Invalid SMTP server error? I use anonymous authentication with IP restriction to localhost on my SMTP server.

That's odd. Most likely there is something that causes conflicts with PHPMailer and your provider, but is weird. Why only Yahoo?

I think its my SMTP server caused the issue.

Earlier I was suing phpmail in chevereto and specified my SMTP server in php.ini. Then setup my SMTP server on same windows server hosting Chevereto.

Now completely changed to email provider SMTP server. Might be an issue with the way I setup SMTP on windows server.

Email to my gmail were never bounced.

Does SMTP server specify any Headers ? Yahoo was bouncing with error Headers are not RFC compliant[291].

Anyway I will stick with email provider SMTP for the time being.

I don't know how that works in that layer you should compare two SMTP servers to test it. Set Chevereto email mode to SMTP and use lets say your own server SMTP and try. Then use another SMTP server and try (Mandrill, Gmail, anything). As I always say, SMTP is better than phpmail() to get the email in the inbox, always prefer SMTP instead of phpmail().

Anyway I decide to stay with email provider SMTP as it will reduce load on my server and easy to mange.

Got below reply from yahoo.

This error message indicates that your email was not accepted because there is a Web address in the message body or message headers that Yahoo Mail will not accept for policy reasons. For instance, it is against Yahoo Mail's policy to send messages with links to viruses or other types of malicious software.
If you are the administrator for the website address content below, we ask that you review the material located within the Web address for potentially objectionable content. Please know that Yahoo is unable to disclose specific information regarding our filtering practices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back