• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Work in progress: Upgrade Tool

Rodolfo

⭐ Chevereto Godlike
Chevereto Staff
Administrator
Hi there. Last Sunday I started the development of the upgrade tool and right at this very moment I could say that is 90% complete. But obviously that doesn't matter... What it does matter if what the upgrade tool will be so there is the feature list of the upgrade tool:

1. Just one single file needed
You don't need to upload a folder or something. You only need to upload upgrade.php and the system will include the default system files in Chevereto 2.1

2. It has progress bar
I manage to include a progress bar on this upgrade script, meaning that you will get a live % of the upgrade process. This was accomplished since the upgrade tool uses ajax.

3. Works with ajax
Since the process will surely take more than 30secs (PHP's common execution time) the script works in a ajaxed way meaning that no matter how many images you got, the process will keep it up. And if the process gets killed don't worry because you can carry on the upgrade process and it will save the previous work.

4. It sets the system on maintenance mode
Until the process is completed it sets the maintenance mode. This means that no one can upload images but you can enter in the admin area.

5. It ask for login
The upgrade script will ask for admin password so no one else can actually make this upgrade.

6. It tells you how many files will be upgraded
Also what will changed and it will fix the htaccess files.

As I have tell you before, this is 90% done and I'm just tweaking and testing some code left.

Hope you enjoy the news.

Back