• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Wondering about quickty

Hey guys, I've some great news.

Quickty development is back on track (again) and I think that we will see the first public beta on December 2016 or maybe earlier. At this point I think that there will be 4 public betas which each one of it will adds key system elements all of them powered by the neat one-click update procedure. The idea behind this is to make the development as an step-by-step procedure to avoid all issues at once.

So if everything goes as expected Quickty 1.0.0 should be released Q1 2017. This date could be altered due to bugs and/or more workload at Chevereto.

Regarding current work in progress, I'm afraid that I don't have anything new to show since I'm working in the back-end so is just thousand lines of codes. However, there are some neat things that I can point it out:
  • Quickty is triggering the development of G\ 2.0 which will also power Chevereto 4.
  • This new back-end framework will have extended support for sub-routes and sub-views.
  • There will be an universal API for absolutely everything. I'm building this to have the best API ever known with the addition of Controllers that makes the API an integral part of the system from day one.
  • Besides from overrides (routes, themes and languages), I'm thinking in a hook system to allow endless customization options, pretty much like WordPress.
  • There will be more file-based cache so things like system settings will be cached in a file so from there you can hook your own caching systems like OPCache, Memcached, etc.
  • Database will use MySQL Triggers, meaning that you will be able to remove, add, modify rows and the system will keep all counters synced without the need of using the built-in class methods. This is superb if you want to lets say delete a bunch of content and you don't want to update each user's counts.
  • Listings will be even faster with client-side templating, meaning that time for first byte will be up to 10X faster than Chevereto listings.
All this changes, improvements, way of doing things, etc.. All of this is thanks to the huge experience that I've collected doing Chevereto all these years. All these improvements will be added to Chevereto 4 "THE QUATTRO" (not official name yet).

Hope you like the update,
Cheers.

Last edited:
Yeah ... waiting already so long time ... My domain name for this project feels lonesome and need to date the script .... ;)

Quickty is triggering the development of G\ 2.0 which will also power Chevereto 4.
Hopefully this will be easier to understand that previously. :p
I'm thinking in a hook system to allow endless customization options, pretty much like WordPress.
This is one of the biggest things Wordpress did right. But what is key with this is that the hooks survive version changes. Once a hook is made, you don't modify. (Other than deprecation.)

Hopefully this will be easier to understand that previously. :p

G\ and Peafowl are Open Source tools but I'm not interested in build a community around it, for me is pointless so any tutorial or step-by-step how-to is not on my consideration at least for general projects. Every example, demo or guide will be driven to be used at Chevereto + Quickty but for everything else people will need to stick to the new inline (also called "in-code") documentation. I know few people actually using G\ but those who use it love it because is extremely simple, the only catch is that you actually need to love coding to love it and understand it.

This is one of the biggest things Wordpress did right. But what is key with this is that the hooks survive version changes. Once a hook is made, you don't modify. (Other than deprecation.)

Problem with that plugin system is that it doesn't work nice when you have several plugins that lookup for the same hooks/filters so you can get a very messy system in no time. It also has huge deprecation issues because it ties me to try to don't break hooks with future updates which is always annoying. That's why I'm creating G\ 2.0 with a basic coding standard that helps to don't have silly issues. For example, all methods arguments must be passed as an array instead of a comma separated list of arguments. Small things like this helps a lot to avoid future deprecation.

So I think that hooks (add code to templates) will be extended to be able to add code before and after <html>, <body>, <head> tags etc. Filters and more advanced stuff should be added, but I must find a way to do it without affecting performance and code longevity.

Back