• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Why should people buy chevereto?

NofaK

Chevereto Noob
Hello, can i get 2.0 chevereto free cuz i don't need version with user system or something like that... thanks :D

You think versions above 1.9 are just so people can have user systems? o_O

I didn't want to spend $50 either, i actually had a ripped version but waiting for updates and not having support is trash. If you want Chevereto , buy it. It's worth all the money if you have the time to spend on your site. This stuff doesn't set it self up.

You think versions above 1.9 are just so people can have user systems? o_O

I didn't want to spend $50 either, i actually had a ripped version but waiting for updates and not having support is trash. If you want Chevereto , buy it. It's worth all the money if you have the time to spend on your site. This stuff doesn't set it self up.

Glad to hear the you bought the script instead of using a nulled version ;)

Also, Nofak, if you don't have money for your website, it simply means that you are not ready to invest time into it either. So in the harsh world of image uploading, you will probably never get a single client...

thanks anyway >.<

Also you argument is invalid, because chevereto doesn't come with an user system.

If I were to retake your words, I could say, give me a computer for free, I don't need windows on it.

It simply doesn't make sense... You either buy the product, or use a nulled version like a 12 years old kid.

Pretty long time Chevereto was free and I developed it with very limited skills (at that time) and just with the gratification of helping others. Like many Open Source projects the goal was grow up a community script with the help of many people who just want to do something for others. 99% of the people don't even help the project in very simple things like promote the project with a little post on their websites or a "powered by" button. Problem here is that developers can't live from that, we also need to pay the bills and eat somehow. We are not robots that push a button a "bom" a new script is developed and in mostly cases we don't have a rich family that supports our crazy robot life.

The 1% was people who actually help the project and encourage me to do something better but Open Source projects are a pretty huge mess of people each one trying to implement his own vision of the script. Each one with great arguments but that is a complete mess in terms on what your script does and who is the target user, that is one of the main reasons why Open Source projects take a long time to get stable because all the contributors have to be on the same page. In Chevereto I didn't have that problem because I believe that there was just 2 or 3 developers interested and they lost their interest pretty soon so I never had to work long with other devs.

The thing that I really want to tell here is that Open Source projects are awesome and they have pretty nice goals and achievements but people that only want to come to a site, download the script and just forget about it are like a cancer for the developer. Because you (as the developer) see how they only care about the word "free". They don't even care about what OSS or FLOSS really means, they don't care about the quality and they only care about "free" and in mostly cases they also want free support. People should understand that Open Source projects that actually work in that way are pretty few and the rest of the projects just die or change their model because they won't be able to last in a that way... Is just not possible.

I was really sad for the 1% when Chevereto went commercial but when from time to time I read a "free leech" speak like the gentleman here I know that my decision was right because you only care about "free". Chevereto is paid software and if you don't want to pay for it you have a free alternative from the very same developer, even the code is still Open Source.

Do you actually think that my work here is worth $0? I ask because that is what I can understand from your words.

Hmm I wonder by Chevereto has piracy. Oh wait, it rocks and everything that has piracy is because is good enough.
Good luck with it, I takedown mostly all the pirated versions out there ;)

Back