• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Why can't I move images to other albums (even as admin)

dtp

Chevereto Member
I have a problem with the album management in Chevereto. I uploaded an image to the demo (http://demo.chevereto.com/i/Hls), which was added to the Private upload 2017-01-09 album.
When I click on Edit image details, I can't move the file to another album other then MyUserName's images. That is, I suppose, because users can only move file to their own albums. However, the same is true in our own chevereto Installation at http://photos.dtpev.de where I have an Admin account.
That is strange behavior because our admins (and even users) should be allowed to add images to certain albums (e.g. users should be able images to an event album/admins should be able to move lost photos to certain albums)

Did I miss something or is it actually not possible to move images in any album you like?

Each user creates/deletes/managers their own albums, at this time there aren't any "global" albums.

Chevereto does have "Categories" allowing all users to add their uploads to X category (You can create the categories in your admin area).

Thanks for your reply. That is bad news. It still seems a bit weird because I can change the albums in the albums view (using the little right pointed arrow button). However, if I click on edit in the single photo view, I can't move it. Anyway, we'll have to make use of Categories then.

Album contents (images) can be only moved between own user album's. You can't cross content to another user.

Back