• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.
  • Chevereto Support CLST

Support response

Support checklist

• ⚠️ Got a Something went wrong message? Read this guide and provide the actual error. Do not skip this.
    • ✅ Confirm that the server meets the System Requirements
    • 🔥 Check for any available Hotfix - your issue could be already reported/fixed
    • 📚 Read documentation - It will be required to Debug and understand Errors for a faster support response

Video cannot be uploaded

Version
PHP version
Database driver
MariaDB
Database version
Web browser
Firefox

user_0094e

Chevereto Member
*️⃣ Must open one ticket per issue. If you are experiencing multiple issues don't hesitate to create multiple tickets for each issue.

▶ Reproduction steps
  1. Selecting a video file.
  2. Select a category.
  3. Click the Upload icon.
😢 Unexpected result

SC2024-04-22 215734.png
SC2024-04-22 215817.png

5.6MB .MP4 file

Solution
I found a solution to fix the error. You can edit your PHP configuration file and remove proc_open and proc_close from the disable_functions setting.

I discovered this solution by commenting out this code:
PHP:
if (!$ffprobe->isValid($file)) {
  throw new Exception("Invalid video file provided", 610);
}

This revealed the actual error message: "The Process class relies on proc_open, which is not available on your PHP installation."
My server provides FFMPEG up to PHP 7.4 but anything above PHP 7.4 does not have an FFMPEG checkbox.
The error on the CHEVERETO home page says:
"FFmpeg: Error: PHP function [proc_open, proc_close] not available in this PHP installation"
The error on the Server says:
"This server is currently running PHP 7.4.33 and Chevereto needs at least PHP 8.0.0 to run"

If the highest PHP on my server with an FFMPEG PHP checkbox to activate FFMPEG is 7.4 but Chevereto won't run with less than PHP 8.0, what do I do?

I have Cloud Hosted and 8.2 PHP.

I enabled the functions in the hosting account via: > Select PHP Version > Options > Removed 'proc_open', 'proc_close' from the disabled functions list. Now I get a new error:

FFMPEG: "Error: Unable to load FFProbe: Executable not found, proposed : avprobe, ffprobe"

PHP 8.2 does not show 'FFProbe' or 'avprobe' as checkbox options in the CPANEL PHP options in 8.2 PHP

And I still get an upload error ith any file that ends in .mov or .mp4

I assume that .m4v won't work, right?

PHP 8.2 does not show 'FFProbe' or 'avprobe' as checkbox options in the CPANEL PHP options in 8.2 PHP
FFmpeg is neither a PHP extension nor a PHP configuration, is a different software which must be available in the machine. At this time such software must be available under ffmpeg binary.

In Chevereto v4.1.2 I will add support for custom paths for FFMpeg, which will enable cPanel users to download and place a FFmpeg binary in your home folder and execute it from there.

OK.. I switched to another hosting provider that had FFMPEG fully installed on their servers. I can now upload .m4v, and .mp4 but not .mov
BUT... only a few of the movies get thumbnails generated.
PLEASE CHEVERETO, implement the option to change or add thumbnails to each video listing when they don't generate ones themselves.

Weird, I even open exec and shell_exec.

But it still reports an error.

Was any of the permissions not given enough?

View attachment 5811
View attachment 5812
View attachment 5813

The file is a vertical video shot on a cell phone.

I looked at the video thumbnail file that was generated.

It just doesn't show up on the web side.

After clicking Delete, the file remains in the folder.

Back