• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

?v=image does not work right when..

Peder Johnsen

Chevereto Noob
?v=image does not work right when.. ..I "fake" a user system.
To explain:

I am making my OWN user system to integrate with this.
But the problem is that if one user upload an image with the same name as another, only the last uploaded image will be shown with the ?v= url. (images will be uploaded to a directory made when the user registrered; images/username).

Any ideas of how to sort this issue?
I know users has been mentioned about including in a future version, but I easily manages to make all I need myself.
(And I dont have time to wait for something that has of almost no priority :p).
This is just my biggest problem at the moment to get the ?v= url to work with more images with the same name but in different folders.

also, I would want to split up the index.php file into for example upload.php (with the uploading script) and view.php (with the viewing script). Would that cause alot of problems or should it be fairly easy to do?

Any help will be very appreciated!

Best regards,
Peder Johnsen.

I think that this would be ok:
1. Create a dB for users and images (Any image has it's own place in the server (folder) and the users that owns that image).
2. The server store files on sequential dirs (like 1,2,3..etc) with a limited number of files, like 100.
3. Any image request call the dB.

So, some image has: User, Folder, Name, Extension, Ip, md5 (to check for duplicated). With that you can do almost anything.

So there is no easy way of for example including the folder name when using ?v= ?
(I havent really had much time yet to really go over your code in detail (as I only just started using it yesterday :p).)
(Also I might have missunderstood you a tiny bit, eitherway whats important is to have every image for each user in their folder: domain.com/images/user/).

I will go through it in detail today though however.
Eitherway, when I am DONE with what I am doing I will make sure to post my "package" here for those who might be interested :).

Back