• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

User own selection (Random ID / Original) File Name

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashkir

👽 Chevereto Freak
My users are very split on the file naming method. Half like Original. The other half like ID. I personally like ID myself.

I would love an option to allow the user to choose in their profile "Original" names or ID, and let Administrators decide the default.

Users shouldn't be able to decide in this stuff at all. I don't know any service allowing something like this so I don't see why Chevereto needs to add this stuff.

Photobucket actually allows this in your user settings. You can choose a random file name or original file name. But than again Photobucket sucks.

I haven't used Photobucket in years and I was unable to register using Facebook Connect. It was a pain to even register an account in the first place, everything loads slowly, feels awkward, etc. I don't know why people keep using that service. It is awful.

Anyway, I'm not considering this request for now since I believe that users shouldn't choose this for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back