• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

User accounts

Status
Not open for further replies.

jashsayani

Chevereto Noob
How about an option in Admin panel to enable user accounts? This would be great if someone would want to allow users to create account and see all uploaded images and delete them.

I would love to see progress on this. :D

This is IMO a feature that should be getting low priority...

It would however be nice too have a password protected directory with logs that match IP's with the filenames they uploaded (to block people who upload images that are against the rules)...

@wout000

Well, by User accounts, I don't mean Admin accounts. They are for users. Just to manage images. If I want to see all images I have uploaded and want to delete some of them I don't need.

This is a basic feature with all Image hosting sites....

Really looking forward to the update... :)

@jashsayani

I understand what you meant, but user accounts are IMO really redundant and should be offered as a plugin to this script.
A user doesn't need to "manage' their images, maybe a 'delete' function that is given to the user in the form of a URL so the user can delete his image could be of some use.

It would just take too much time away from the many improvements this script still needs.

However on that note, a user account plugin is interesting and should work like this IMO:

*Flat files (no databases, flat files are easier, faster, more compatible and cleaner) just create a folder with the username when someone signups and use htaccess to password protect it
*User can signup with variables -name, -pass, -email (captcha required!)
*User has the ability to see all his images in the form of thumbnails once logged in (clicking on thumbnails will show image in true size with the links you get when first uploading to use on forums, html, etc...)
*Images should be ordered in table form (4 rows X 4 columns ?)
*Images should be easy to delete (ajax?)
*User should have the ability to create and publish a gallery... (<= can be coded as another plugin entirely)
*Use of htaccess to secure user folders (will this prevent user images to be published?)

As I said => plugin :)

wout000 said:
@jashsayani

I understand what you meant, but user accounts are IMO really redundant and should be offered as a plugin to this script.
A user doesn't need to "manage' their images, maybe a 'delete' function that is given to the user in the form of a URL so the user can delete his image could be of some use.

It would just take too much time away from the many improvements this script still needs.

However on that note, a user account plugin is interesting and should work like this IMO:

*Flat files (no databases, flat files are easier, faster, more compatible and cleaner) just create a folder with the username when someone signups and use htaccess to password protect it
*User can signup with variables -name, -pass, -email (captcha required!)
*User has the ability to see all his images in the form of thumbnails once logged in (clicking on thumbnails will show image in true size with the links you get when first uploading to use on forums, html, etc...)
*Images should be ordered in table form (4 rows X 4 columns ?)
*Images should be easy to delete (ajax?)
*User should have the ability to create and publish a gallery... (<= can be coded as another plugin entirely)
*Use of htaccess to secure user folders (will this prevent user images to be published?)

As I said => plugin :)

Yes, that is what I meant. You can use MySQL also, so that the user list can be backed up, but its upto you. I am planning a few things and the feature would be really great. :)

We obviously need to talk about the further options for the script, like user accounts, image admin, etc... I don't want that you think that Chevereto aims to something like imageshack or xs.to... The main objective it's make an script that works for personal usage or closed group usage, if you are expecting something else... Like "OMFG, build my own imageshack and make some bucks" you are not thinking in the present, you are thinking in some possible future.

So, the script doesn't need right now user accounts. I'm totally agree with wout000 in that aspect. Because we need to focus in things that are more important because they affect the core of all "other things". Things like correct file and folder handling, re-uploaded images, control the user activity to avoid malicious usage, and so on.

Anyway... This is open source, so if you want to have user accounts by your own... You can do it. And until we officially support that a lot of people that want user accounts will have to get some unofficial mods.

So, to avoid confusions... There will be a post-it with accepted suggestions for the near to come releases and the far to come ones.

wout000 said:
Take a look at http://pic.leech.it/ (browse to the user section)

easy, smart and clean with controlled features... that's how this script should get it's user-accounts.

Yeah, that is something nice. Besides, a TOS page is also a necessity (If the site is open to a larger audience than a group)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back