• Hey Guest, don't forget to VOTE on each RFC topic. Your voting determine Chevereto development! No votes, no development.
  • Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Use Google Drive as storage

nayumi

Chevereto Member
💡Describe your Feature request

Use Google Drive to store images. Google Drive has an Unlimited plan so this will be very useful for small and medium projects, at a low cost.

Google Drive does not have a unlimited plan anymore, I believe that ended a couple months ago when G Suite was replaced with Workspace.

Far as I can understand the service terms, we can integrate Google Drive as a content source on user request (as import X pics from there) but not to use it directly (as use Google drive url in our listings).

Google Drive does not have a unlimited plan anymore, I believe that ended a couple months ago when G Suite was replaced with Workspace.
They still have it, they just renamed it and bumped the price up by a couple of $.

I have the business plan and have over 500 TB of data in there.

Bad thing is that GD really sucks when it comes to multiple small files, it gets really slow, based on my experience!

Far as I can understand the service terms, we can integrate Google Drive as a content source on user request (as import X pics from there) but not to use it directly (as use Google drive url in our listings).
i mean, i have a small project and i want to use google drive for storage, and chevereto to manage them easier. Can you develop them as a plugin? This is very useful for those who use it for personal projects, instead of renting expensive hosting servers. This is similar to some image sites that use discord as an image hosting.

i mean, i have a small project and i want to use google drive for storage, and chevereto to manage them easier. Can you develop them as a plugin? This is very useful for those who use it for personal projects, instead of renting expensive hosting servers. This is similar to some image sites that use discord as an image hosting.
After reading what you wrote I don't have any interest in developing a Google Drive plugin for Chevereto as there's no profit for me there in the terms that you describe this need.

You want me to develop a plugin for people who don't want to pay $ 0.005 per/GB as they find that "expensive" so I don't see it feasible. I think that to provide support for Google Drive importing is a must, but to use Google Drive as you describe won't happen.

After reading what you wrote I don't have any interest in developing a Google Drive plugin for Chevereto as there's no profit for me there in the terms that you describe this need.

You want me to develop a plugin for people who don't want to pay $ 0.005 per/GB as they find that "expensive" so I don't see it feasible. I think that to provide support for Google Drive importing is a must, but to use Google Drive as you describe won't happen.
I also thought that wouldn't happen lol. I'm just posting because I've seen some Discord-hosted photo sites, and I was wondering if Google Drive could too? But it seems possible but won't be included in a platform like Chevereto.

I also thought that wouldn't happen lol. I'm just posting because I've seen some Discord-hosted photo sites, and I was wondering if Google Drive could too? But it seems possible but won't be included in a platform like Chevereto.
You can try doing it with rclone.

Mount drive on a folder, change the chevereto external storage to save it on the rclone folder you setup.

Then with nginx, change the root location over to the drive folder.

Can't promise it will work flawlessly since it really depends on the connection of your server with GD, peering, etc.

I wouldnt suggest google drive to use, since if some one decides to upload illegal content such cp then your whole Google account will be suspended in a few hours and Google won't lift the suspension up on request. So that is reason I won't recommend it.

Back