• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

URL-shortener problem (YOURLS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kastrup92

Chevereto Member
Sorry to make two tropics in a row but I'm having some problems with the url-shortener now I got the first problem solved.
I'm using YOURLS that I have on another website.
It's works fine and all, but it seem to request for a tiny URL twice, since there are coming two new urls for the same pic in the YOURLS admin panel.

The custom_short_url_api I use is:
Code:
http://website.com/yourls-api.php?signature=APIKEY&action=shorturl&format=simple&url=
(if that is any help)

Solved!

The problem was caused because the current implementation ask for a shortened url every time. So, everytime that someone see the viewer a new url will be made (For me when the pic was created and when I get to the /?v=pic.jpg page). This is due because Chevereto doesn't use dB by the moment. (From Rodolfo)

It can be solved by setting 'YOURLS_UNIQUE_URLS' to true in the config.php on your URL-shortener service (YOURLS).
This will make YOURLS to return the already created url and send back to chevereto.
(It disallow multiple short URLs for a same long URL)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back