• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.
  • Chevereto Support CLST

Support response

Support checklist

• ⚠️ Got a Something went wrong message? Read this guide and provide the actual error. Do not skip this.
    • ✅ Confirm that the server meets the System Requirements
    • 🔥 Check for any available Hotfix - your issue could be already reported/fixed
    • 📚 Read documentation - It will be required to Debug and understand Errors for a faster support response

Upgrading on NGINX server

yakaman

Chevereto Member
Hello,

I didn't go through the upgrade to 2.1.1 yet but would like to know if there are any config changes that should be made to my nginx.conf for the update to work (rewrite rules and such) ?
I'm moving from a working 2.0.8 setup.

From what I recall the only change I made on my 2.0.8 setup was adding
Code:
 try_files $uri $uri/ /index.php;
in my location /

Thanks in advance for your help !

Use nginx with apache, otherwise you will need to make the nginx rules,

If you are using NGiNX try to search in their docs a way to mimic modrewrite. Is totally crap that nginx doesn't support something like that.

In fact, nginx has a lot of missing stuff. That's why people run nginx with apache because it lacks of important things like mod_rewrite. As you may see, I have nginx + apache on chevereto.com

Do you think the performance of nginx + apache would be the same as nginx alone ?
If it's the case, I could switch to this configuration.

Is the same. You se nginx to handle the request and apache to do te modules thing. No one uses nginx alone it doesnt have many mods as apache.

yakaman said:
Do you think the performance of nginx + apache would be the same as nginx alone ?
If it's the case, I could switch to this configuration.

In this case nginx is serving static files only, so, all of your images will be served by nginx, php, etc.etc. by apache.

Is the same. You se nginx to handle the request and apache to do te modules thing. No one uses nginx alone it doesnt have many mods as apache.

Could you do a guide about it , about to setup nginx+apache to make a chevereto script run properly ?
thanks in advance!

I don't do server config, I just bought server with that ready :p

Back