• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Upgrade failed - syntax error

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMWracing

Chevereto Member
First all of nice to hear that there is a new version available!

Unfortunately I am unable to get it to work on my current 2.5.6 version.

Even with a clean install (i backed up all my files on the root folder and uploaded all the files from the chevereto folder) I get the same error :

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '[' in /home/domains/mydomain.com/public_html/app/loader.php on line 109

Any idea's what's wrong?

Last edited:
Did you read the README.txt file?
Code:
Requirements
- At least PHP 5.4.0
- Apache with mod_rewrite (nginx and other servers needs their own rewrite structure)
- At least MySQL 5

Clean install
- Upload the contents of the "chevereto" folder to your webserver
- Go to http://yourwebsite.com and follow the instructions
- You will need at least PHP 5.4

Upgrade from 3.X
- Check the Release notes document for instructions

Upgrade from 2.1 and newer
- Save the DB connection info from includes/config.php
- Save the __CHV_CRYPT_SALT__ that you have in includes/definitions.php
- Upload all the files except for the images folder
- Go to your website, the system will ask you for the DB connection info
- Complete the process with the required information
- The system MUST ask you for your __CHV_CRYPT_SALT__. If not, don't continue the process and ask for support

Upgrade from 2.0.X and older
- Update to 2.1 or newer using the instructions in those downloads
- With the system updated you can now use the instructions for 2.1 and newer

Thanks, for some strange reason this specific webserver has php 5.3 and not 5.4 (while the others do..) That seems to be the problem.

Will update and let you know if that resolved it.

OK it was indeed the php version, site is working now. I am only having some issues with the chmod permissions. The site is running under a user account of directadmin (so not the apache user I guess?)

Currently I have to use CHMOD 777 on the content directory, 755 or lower gives the following error:

No write permission in /content/ directory. Chevereto needs to be able to write in this directory.

Any idea's om how to resolve this in my current environment? I fixed this manualy by using chown -R apache:apache on the content folder. But I think this will not be the right solution if files are created.. (because I have to fix it manualy after?)

Last edited:
Don't use Chmod 777, this is not the year 2005. Run your system with permissions, in this case Apache user should own all permissions in the public folder.

What do you recommend for the images and the other chevereto folders then 755 and chown apache:apache ?

Also is it possible to lower the php upload size (I rather leave my php.ini settings alone) and add robot / metakeywords somewhere?

Last edited:
Apache user should run with full read and write access in all the public folders. Is not just that Apache is in the owner group but also have the right permissions. You can read more about this subject in stackoverflow.

To reduce the upload size you can go to dashboard > settings > image upload

And to add robots or metas you should edit the theme at app/themes/Peafowl

Thanks for the fast replies Rodolfo.

Last but not least: I'm not familiour with svg files, can you point me in the right direction on where I can change the chevereto logo at the top middle? I found the png file.. but it seems that it is using the svg file (which I can't edit).
Can I turn this off somehow and have it use my logo.png instead? I found some code in the header file of the theme, but I have no idea what to change or put in.. just to use my own png logo instead of svg?

Is not necesary to use SVG but if you use SVG you have to upload file.svg and file.png so if you use svg and the browser doesn't support that the system will use the png (javascript). Feel free to edit the target logo filename at the header.php theme file.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back