• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Updating from 3.6.9 to 3.7.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

AshleyUK

💖 Chevereto Fan
Hi,
I swear I have problems updating every single time.
Anyway, I've done all the necessary bits. Uploaded all new files, and then gone to the Dashboard and clicked on Install (to start the update process).

Again, I've got the cloudflare timeout issue, probably due to an extensive MySQL update query.

I've gone to the update debug screen, and the next line on the list is:

ALTER TABLE `chv_images` ADD `image_likes` bigint(32) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0';

I presume because I have over 5 million uploaded images this line is going to take a while?

I've logged into PhpMyAdmin, and ran that particular SQL query myself.. clicked Go, and then the loading text appeared, and then after a period of time that ended up coming back to me with a error:

Error in Processing Request
Error code:504
Error text:GatewayTimeout

Will PhpMyAdmin continue running the query although my browser has timed out?
Thanks

Will PhpMyAdmin continue running the query although my browser has timed out?
Yes, but a simple operation like add a column shouldn't take that long at all. Most likely the system is having issues with other previous commands.

I've just traced all SQL lines, and it appears that ALTER TABLE `chv_images` ADD `image_likes` bigint(32) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0'; is the next one in line.
I've just tried adding the column manually myself, and I've again got that 504 time-out error... Do you think that maybe MySQL has crashed or got stuck?

Try setting the website in maintenance mode and then issue those commands.

Ahhh... well I left it for about 1 1/2 hours while I watched TV.
I came back and noticed that the whole website had updated.

So it appears that although I was getting the time-outs on the browser side, and it appeared to be 'stuck'.. it was actually updating at server level.
I've tested more or less everything, and all new things and it all appears to be fine.

Website is much faster, and navigating around the dashboard area is lightning quick.
You done a good job with the optimisations!

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back