• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.
  • Chevereto Support CLST

Support response

Support checklist

Update issues

graybeard

Chevereto Member
I attempted an update and received the following message.
Composer detected issues in your platform: Your Composer dependencies require a PHP version ">= 7.2.5". You are running 5.6.40.
I can no longer access the app.

Newer releases will always require updated libraries. Consider updating your stack.

Wort mention that php 5.6 is deprecated, you should be running 7.2 at least already, for performance and safety.

Exactly, little bit off topic, even the php version 8 is becoming at 26. November major update, and alot things from actual php versions 7.2, 7.3, 7.4 will not work anymore:

• The real type
  • Magic quotes legacy
  • array_key_exists() with objects
  • FILTER_SANITIZE_MAGIC_QUOTES filter
  • Reflection export() methods
  • mb_strrpos() with encoding as 3rd argument
  • implode() parameter order mix
  • Unbinding $this from non-static closures
  • hebrevc() function
  • convert_cyr_string() function
  • money_format() function
  • ezmlm_hash() function
  • restore_include_path() function
  • allow_url_include ini directive

Here are the complete notes https://github.com/php/php-src/blob/master/UPGRADING#L20
as you can see @graybeard there is always something new or its geting constantly updated,
thats why always the best solution its to get everything working secure and fast, is to stay or be on required php version for Chevereto,
especially for upcoming Chevereto updates, which you can follow easily trough upgrades on the current php version.

I attempted an update and received the following message.
Composer detected issues in your platform: Your Composer dependencies require a PHP version ">= 7.2.5". You are running 5.6.40.
I can no longer access the app.

Reset the PHP using in PHP version selector in Cpanel. It might be showing already 7.2 or higher, but switch it to different version and then back again to PHP 7.4. You might have deleted the php.ini file while trying to update.

I can't upgrade to the version needed. I have 4 vBulletin sites running on the same host and they're not compatible. I wonder if there is a way to downgrade the version of chevereto?

From your panel you can download any old release. Simply replace the files and install the database backup.

Note that I don't have recommend to do this at all. You should always run the latest release.

Back