• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Unable to edit default Terms of Service page

Status
Not open for further replies.

ubmm

Chevereto Member
I'm trying to edit the default Terms of Service page...If I bring up the current one Settings->Pages and Edit and then just click save without even changing anything, it complains that I have to fill out the value for the "File Path" field (cannot be blank).

No matter what I put in there, I keep getting the error message "Please match the requested format".

Any advise how I edit the default TOS page? I just want to add my own text.

I think your TOS page don't have write access.

Connect to FTP and go to /content/pages/default/tos.php

@Lastopp thanks ... I went and changed permissions to 666 but still no go

@Ricardo - really I've tired all combinations. The instructions say "A PHP file relative to /content/pages/" - I've tried just doing tos.php (or privacy), I've tried adding /tos.php, /default/tos.php etc

Can you tell me what this value should be? I don't really understand the purpose of it...is it going to create a new page with that name?

Thanks
Chros

@Lastopp thanks ... I went and changed permissions to 666 but still no go

@Ricardo - really I've tired all combinations. The instructions say "A PHP file relative to /content/pages/" - I've tried just doing tos.php (or privacy), I've tried adding /tos.php, /default/tos.php etc

Can you tell me what this value should be? I don't really understand the purpose of it...is it going to create a new page with that name?

Thanks
Chros
Permissions should be 744 or 777

Thanks ... I changed to 777 and now the error message moves to the URL Key field.:

5d80bab026fe745887d6670abb72894a.jpg

What should the URL key be?

Thanks!

Relative means that you don't need to put /content/pages/file.php just file.php

@rodolofo - I understand relative v absolute. But what is the URL key supposed to represent? See screenshot above that I'm getting an error on that field. What am I supposed to put in there?

@Lastopp Thanks for the help. Weird, mine is still giving errors on URL key.

URL key is what it will show in the URL, for example in this URL:

Code:
http://demo.chevereto.com/pages/this-is-an-example

The URL key is this-is-an-example

So why does it complain about the format of 'privacy' - that is a valid URL key. I have no none friendly URL characters in that string.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back