• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Tutorial on Editing Templates and Files?

MDof2

Chevereto Noob
Is there a tutorial on editing templates and files somewhere that I've seemed to missed?

I found this thread which answers my question I had on how to do something:
https://chevereto.com/community/threads/explore-with-filename-hidden.7330/#post-40108

However in that folder are a bunch of other files, which I'm not sure if each applicable file needs editing, or how to go about making the changes that Rodolfo suggests.

IN short, I simply want to hide the user name and file name by default in the gallery.

Any help, or a point in the right direction would be very much appreciated.

Thank you very much-

Override your target file, here: https://chevereto.com/docs/theme

But for your problem it will be easier to just inject some CSS, you won't need to touch one single file to do that.
Thank you.
I didn't find in there how to exclude the user name and file name from the gallery thumbnails.
I'm completely new to your software, so please pardon my ignorance if this is common territory for you.

Is there a quick and dirty way to simple exclude those two elements from the thumb nails on the gallery page?
By trial and error I found that hiding "image_description_owner.php" does what I want but I'm not sure this is the correct method to go about it.

Unfortunately, I can't help you further. Free version comes "as is" and I can't spend time supporting a free product.

Sorry.

You should get a more solid answer.

It happens that when you pay, you contribute to development so if you support and help to keep this product active then I also help you back to get most of it.

Back