• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Translated 100% but some words are still English (Default)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy

Chevereto Member
Hi,

I'm wondering why I have 100% translated but some of the words are still in English?

w9fiix.png

Attach the translation file, is impossible to know whats going on with just a picture.

Attach the translation file, is impossible to know whats going on with just a picture.
I don't think there's an issue with my translation, anyway.. Here's the .po file:

And I also found this issue on some other languages:

However, it doesn't shown on smaller width:

Is not a matter of the script but the translation itself. I manage the Spanish translation and there's no issues in that sentence. French, German, Russian doesn't have those issues either because in those languages the system is translated properly.

When doing a translation you should use a .po editor, not a normal code editor unless you have an expert understanding of code editing. In this case, you have some issues in the msgid which should be:

Code:
#: ../../../app/themes/Peafowl/views/index.php:17
#, php-format
msgid "Drag and drop anywhere you want and start uploading your images now. %s limit. Direct image links, BBCode and HTML thumbnails."
msgstr "Arrastra y suelta donde quieras para comenzar a subir ahora tus imágenes. %s de límite . Enlace directo de imagen, miniaturas en BBCode y HTML."

Note that there aren't new lines, quotes or anything. So in the future I recommend you to use a .po editor and if you want to do it directly using a code editor remember to keep every msgid intact.

I remember that I told you to use a gettext editor https://chevereto.com/community/threads/translated-100-but-still-english-intact.6657/#post-36360 and I did it because I know that working with raw po code can cause problems like this.

Last edited:
Well, I'm not editing the file manually though.
I'm a licensed translator, and I have Poedit pro.
Isn't this software capable to edit Chevereto .PO?

Unless you show me the actual translation file there is very little I can do for help you.

Just got your file, problem is like I said your bad editing:

This is what you have:
Code:
msgid ""
"Drag and drop anywhere you want and start uploading your images now. %s "
"limit. Direct image links, BBCode and HTML thumbnails."

And this what you must have:
Code:
msgid "Drag and drop anywhere you want and start uploading your images now. %s limit. Direct image links, BBCode and HTML thumbnails."

Note that the match must be exact, there is no room for any additional single character. The format also must be remain the same, not msgid "" <something> then <something>. Gettext must be edited without changing any code structure.

There is no PO editor which causes that inconsistencies in the file. Like I said, the strings must remain intact and here is an example of what you did:

Wrong (yours):
Code:
#, php-format
msgid ""
msgstr ""
"Drag dan drop di mana pun anda inginkan dan mulai mengunggah gambar anda "
"sekarang. %s per gambar. Tautan gambar asli, BBCode dan HTML gambar kecil."

Correct (Spanish):
Code:
#, php-format
msgstr "Arrastra y suelta donde quieras para comenzar a subir ahora tus imágenes. %s de límite . Enlace directo de imagen, miniaturas en BBCode y HTML."

I'm sorry but Tech support doesn't cover bad editing, there is no software in the world which will cover you from things like this. You have countless issues in the file, I'm sorry but you will need to re-do it all over.

Last edited:
Just try to keep the same format, order and sequence. This is not an ordinary file, the strings must match exactly. That's how gettext works and like I've told you several times before, use a .po editor. It is impossible that a .po editor software caused that code format.

Just try to keep the same format, order and sequence. This is not an ordinary file, the strings must match exactly. That's how gettext works and like I've told you several times before, use a .po editor. It is impossible that a .po editor software caused that code format.
I'm sorry to tell you mate, but that's de facto I used Poedit Pro, so I reckon Poedit pro is just NOT compatible with Chevereto.

I use Poedit basic to generate the English base for Chevereto. Maybe the problem is not the software but how you are using it. Any gettext code like the one you sent me earlier won't work in any system, ever.

Did you change some config or set something before editing?

Could you show me your Poedit config?

I believe there's some toggle or switch to load and then save as, and magic happens.

It just formatting issue though.

No I didn't touched anything. Most likely problem is that you feed it with a bad .po file, like the one you did where you translated msgid instead of msgstr.

Well, obviously I got the en.po from Chevereto 3.6.8 package, then downloaded it from server to local computer for Poedit processing.

I just checked en.po and it has the same format:

Code:
#, php-format
msgid ""
msgstr ""

That's very odd. The file shouldn't look like that. Try with the one that is actually used in translate.chevereto.com

Attachments

• en-US.zip
    21.9 KB · Views: 1
Actually is an issue in the xgettext parser, here all the know-how: https://github.com/vslavik/poedit/issues/95

The good thing is that http://translate.chevereto.com does fix this issue when you download the en.php translation, also all the other translations downloaded there should not have this issue. In the future I will include en.po taken from the translation center and not the one generated directly by PoEdit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back