• Hey Guest, don't forget to VOTE on each RFC topic. Your voting determine Chevereto development! No votes, no development.
  • Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Total Bandwidth used by image.

mkerala

👽 Chevereto Freak
Please implement feature to show total hot-linking bandwidth used by an image. I know this is difficult to calculate, but I suggest the following formula.

Total bandwidth= Hotlink Views x Size of the image.

I know this is not accurate but still shows a approx stat. This is a must feature as some images are hotlinked and all bandwidth are drained.

If this can be implemented, in future we could also prevent hot-linking after exceeding bandwidth say 1GB per image. This can be done by giving dynamic link for the image instead of the direct link. The dynamic link check whether the bandwidth is exceeded before the image is supplied.

This has been successfully implemented in CF Image hosting script and many image hosting website like photobucket implemented it.

Can this be looked into for next release?

When it comes to measure bandwidth accurate you have to rely in your server, exactly in server log analyzers like webalizer. Since that is on the server layer it can be added but it won't benefit all the majority of Chevereto users so it will be added as optimization and those are added only when crucial things are ready like categories or multiservers.

This request won't be filled in next releases. Maybe codefuture implemented that views x size formula but that is pretty useless. Every guy who runs a website for more than one week nows that the high bandwidth % comes from direct file access and any other measure is just plain useless (to don't say foolish).

Don't be amazed, other guys always pack functions like those and people may think that is ok. Is not ok for me and I won't add useless methods like those because I'm not driven by that. I want perfection.

Just give me time and I will add a kick ass method.

;)

Last edited:
Back