• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Top Fixes Recommended by Google for Chevereto

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpupload

Chevereto Member
Top Fixes Recommended by Google for Chevereto Script.

1. Renderblocking JS
JavaScripts that are not critical to initial render should be made asynchronous or deferred until after the first render. Keep in mind that for this to improve your loading time, you must also optimize CSS delivery. Eliminate render-blocking JavaScript and CSS in above-the-fold content

2.Leverage browser caching
Setting an expiry date or a maximum age in the HTTP headers for static resources instructs the browser to load previously downloaded resources from local disk rather than over the network.

3. Load visible content before CSS and JS
If the amount of data required exceeds the initial congestion window, it will require additional round trips between your server and your visitor’s browser. To make pages load faster, limit the size of the data that is needed to render the above-the-fold content of your page.

Last edited:
2. Compress resources with GZIP
Enabling gzip compression can minimize the size of the transferred response by up to 90%. This can significantly reduce the time to download the resource, decrease data usage for the client, and improve your loading time.

Just in case you didn't knew, gzip compression needs to be enabled at server layer, not script layer.

GZip already configured in whm/cpanel, But only problem with google speed test, According to google speed test, we are getting very poor result.

https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/
Then gzip is not working properly. Easy as that.

About the other stuff, sure I can add stuff to improve those ratings, but the result will be be just a prettier number, not an actual result perceptible by your users.

Then gzip is not working properly. Easy as that.

GZip working fine, Google now showing these recommendations.

1. Renderblocking JS
Eliminate render-blocking JavaScript and CSS in above-the-fold content

3. Optimize images

1. Renderblocking JS

This always comes up as a "top fix", however with Chevereto only 2.5Kb of JavaScript is parsed during initial page load. That's not much, I really would'nt worry about it.

You can "leverage browser caching" in your .htaccess file:

https://gtmetrix.com/leverage-browser-caching.html

Make sure you are all setup and finished before implementing.

In fact use this site to test your page speed, it's more useful than the Google one:

https://gtmetrix.com/

3. Optimize images

You'll probably got some overly large images somewhere, consider compressing them using something like:

https://tinypng.com/

Concentrate on reducing the size of your home page images.

Not much you can do for images that users upload apart from restricting the upload size.

Last edited:
By the way it looks like gzip is not enabled on your site ;)

You can test gzip here:

http://www.gidnetwork.com/tools/gzip-test.php

In cPanel front end go to Software ==> Optimize website and recheck

That will make a BIG difference.

Edit: Ok maybe it is enabled, think I was checking the wrong domain :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I was already implemented everything on my website, And i was already using JPEG Pro for image compression. Everything ok for me, but I just raise this because i was checked demo.chevereto.com in google pagespeed test.

I got rid of the render blocking JS and the score went up to 55/81 (Mobile/Desktop). I'm pretty confident that this Google stuff is all about images + gzip and both of those you can tweak directly from your server.

Just implemented Some SEO techniques and achieved best SEO Score.

Latest Performance Report.png

And Now Just Google recommended this, Optimize CSS Delivery of the following:
/lib/Peafowl/peafowl.min.js

Last edited:
Just implemented Some SEO techniques and achieved best SEO Score.

View attachment 1356

And Now Just Google recommended this, Optimize CSS Delivery of the following:
/lib/Peafowl/peafowl.min.js

Just did some tweaking. Getting an A on GTmetrix now.

ScreenShot2017-07-28at7.30.25PM09605.png

upload_2017-7-31_11-58-46.png
For ngnix server

1.Leverage browser caching

Edit /etc/nginx/sites-enabled/default and add in server block

Code:
location ~*  \.(jpg|jpeg|png|gif|ico|css|js)$ {
       expires 30d;
   }

2. Compress resources with GZIP

edit /etc/nginx/nginx.conf and uncomment/add

Code:
gzip_min_length 256;
gzip_types text/plain text/css application/json application/x-javascript text/xml application/xml application/xml+rss text/javascript application/vnd.ms-fontobject application/x-font-ttf font/opentype image/svg+xml image/x-icon;

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back