• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

TMD Hosting Question?

neoark

Chevereto Member
It seems like TMD hosting supports Memcache instance. Is there a way to make chevereto use Memcache instance?

Thanks

In my opinion OPCache is simpler because it basically caches any given code / file and it has been tested by caching language strings with very good results in Chevereto. Having said that, the only missing caches could be user settings, website settings, etc. But all those can be made in files so the server does all the cache stuff automatically because you do a file based cache (that on top of that gets OPCache).

The only stuff where you can get an advantage by using Memcache is in MySQL cache for things like listings or data like that but those performs so fast that for now we don't need to cache that. Also, mysql as his own internal cache that works right out of the box.

Last edited:
may
In my opinion OPCache is simpler because it basically caches any given code / file and is has been tested by caching language strings with very good results in Chevereto. Having said that, the only missing caches could be user settings, website settings, etc. But all those can be made in files so the server does all the cache stuff automatically because you do a file based cache (that on top of that gets OPCache).

The only stuff where you can get an advantage by using Memcache is in MySQL cache for things like listings or data like that but those performs so fast that for now we don't need to cache that. Also, mysql as his own internal cache that works right out of the box.

Hi Rodolfo,
May i know how OPCache or Memcache is configured in Chevereto? Any documentation on the cache optimization where we could follow? to speed up the site loading.

Hello.
I use memcache sessions for my projects.
Can You add support for session save?
In php-fpm config
php_value[session.save_handler] = memcached
php_value[session.save_path] = "127.0.0.1:11211"

I try to add app/settings.php

$settings['session.save_handler'] = 'memcached';
$settings['session.save_path'] = '127.0.0.1:11211';

But don't work

Also in php.ini

session.save_handler = memcached
session.save_path = "127.0.0.1:11211"

$settings['session.save_handler'] = 'memcached';
$settings['session.save_path'] = '127.0.0.1:11211';
The above code won't work because settings variable doesn't handle session handler.

You could use ini_set at that settings file to indicate the save handler. https://v3-docs.chevereto.com/setup/settings-file.html#runtime-php-ini-configuration

I think that I could improve support for settings handling different session providers, it could increase performance a lot.

Thank You!!!

Add to settings.php

ini_set('session.save_handler', 'files');
ini_set('session.save_path', '/var/lib/php/session');

Back