• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

The official extension .JPEG I wish to reserve for .JPG image files.

Chevereto Member
Although I know that there is no difference between the two, I still hope that the official suffix of "Joint Photographic Experts Group" can be retained. JPEG, I think the coexistence of .JPEG and .JPG in Chevereto system will follow.

I use an iPhone. The photos he took are in .JPEG format. After uploading to the Chevereto system, the format becomes .JPG. Although I know that there is no difference between .JPG and .JPEG, I am a person with mild obsessive-compulsive disorder. , I feel a little uncomfortable.

I use a Mac computer and a Windows computer at the same time. In the past, Windows extension rule restrictions made .JPG popular, but at the same time, Mac computers support both .JPG and .JPEG, but today Windows has cancelled this Limitations, the same image system that also supports these two formats, why does Chevereto not support it?

There are also many websites that use .JPEG images.

I hope to add it. If you can’t do this, please tell me what code to add to the file to support both .JPG and .JPEG format Joint Photographic Experts Group images?

Last edited by a moderator:
From the systems perspective, you always want to eliminate the need of having "two" things meaning the same. In this case, having 2 extensions for exactly the same filetype is counter productive. It must be one, and it will always lean towards the absolute most universal solution. Jpg is more universal than Jpeg, so Jpg is what V3 does taking in consideration the context when the system was originally created (2013).

I don't know know if it is healthy to encourage you achieving this kind of obsessions, but certainly V3 is not friendly for such changes.

I suggest you to wait for V4 for creating your own plugin about it. I'm not making a new version to keep adding change in the old code base. V3 is on LTS, which stands for long term support, meaning stability before changes.

From the systems perspective, you always want to eliminate the need of having "two" things meaning the same. In this case, having 2 extensions for exactly the same filetype is counter productive. It must be one, and it will always lean towards the absolute most universal solution. Jpg is more universal than Jpeg, so Jpg is what V3 does taking in consideration the context when the system was originally created (2013).

I don't know know if it is healthy to encourage you achieving this kind of obsessions, but certainly V3 is not friendly for such changes.

I suggest you to wait for V4 for creating your own plugin about it. I'm not making a new version to keep adding change in the old code base. V3 is on LTS, which stands for long term support, meaning stability before changes.
Can I modify some files to achieve this effect?

Can you tell me which files to modify?
Rodolfo is very busy, and digging through the code files and offering suggestions of what to change takes him away from v4. It is not a recommended practice.

Easiest way is just to use HTACCESS https://stackoverflow.com/questions/40248167/how-to-redirect-jpeg-to-jpg-extensions-with-htaccess so you can type the .jpeg when you direct link your images just for yourself.

🎉 Fixed in v4.0.4, we now use JPEG instead of JPG. This won't affect old uploads.

Back