• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.
  • Chevereto Support CLST

Support response

Support checklist

SyntaxError: Unexpected token < in JSON at position 0

Status
Not open for further replies.

impact2155

Chevereto Member
I purchased the Network license and tried to update but got a SyntaxError: Unexpected token < in JSON at position 0 while installing. I can't get back into the site anymore

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator at [no address given] to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.
More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Attachments

• 2019-08-25_1-26-55.png
    2019-08-25_1-26-55.png
    4.3 KB · Views: 9
I didn't added a error handler for the installer file. Instead, it writes all errors to a file at installer.error.log

If that file doesn't exists then chances are that your server has all logs disabled and it is preventing the installer from writing to that file. Several people is having this issue, but I've been unable to detect the problem because of the lack of error logging.

The error you showed is at client side, is JavaScript telling you that the server response is not a JSON document. The actual error is unknown because your server seems that it didn't logged it.

I've to code an new error+exception handler to catch all the errors and only then I will be able to control logging for the install process. I just need a basic handler so it won't take me that much.

In the meanwhile you should do the manual procedure. Simply download the zip file and replace all the server files with the contents of the /chevereto folder.

Unfortunately, this ticket has more than seven days without a reply or feedback from the original poster. We will now consider this ticket abandoned and its now closed.

Don't hesitate to create a new ticket if this matter is still causing you issues.

Ticket closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back