• Hey Guest, don't forget to VOTE on each RFC topic. Your voting determine Chevereto development! No votes, no development.
  • Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Suspend Account Watermark

ashkir

👽 Chevereto Freak
Hello all! I would love to have a possibility of a feature to suspend an account suspected of image theft. If the account is suspected of theft, I'd like to watermark their images or replace their images with another image temporarily until such a time the investigation is completed with. If kept permanent the images can be replaced.

Hi @ashkir

This thief is an user uploading stolen images or is an user stealing images hosted in your website?

Thief is a user uploading stolen images. I got my first take down request recently. I figured a feature like this can help with the investigation a bit make their side happy without completely hurting my user.

1. Images will stay "as is". Once uploaded an image shouldn't be able to be edited or changed.
2. I don't understand how a watermark will make a copyright holder to be less annoyed with this felony. I think that the images should not be publicly visible which you can achieve by changing the album permission.

Having said that, this feature is rejected because under investigation what you do is that you temporarily takedown the alleged content. You don't show it.

Back