• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

[Suggestion] UTF-8 better than latin1_swedish_ci

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ishar

Chevereto Member
Hi everyone,

Maybe a lot of users won't understand the necessity and why the charset is so important but unfortunately, a lot of languages use accent (like é or ï and ù...)

I don't think this is important for CHV database (even if I think it would be better) but for AUS it's more important, for the news form for exemple.

So, first, is it possible to upgrade the charset to a UTF-8 without any issues (I mean for both CHV and AUS) ?

And for future version, what about using a UTF-8 standard for the database and all the mods ?

Chevereto uses the default db charset which is "utf8_general_ci". If your system uses another one is because either you change it or the wise guys in your server set other charset as the default. About AUS, Lautaro speaks spanish so he understand what you are talking about.

So, I'm sorry, but as the database is automatically created when using the script for the first time, it sets me all the tables in latin_swedish_ci

But it's a good news, I will change it for utf8_general_ci ;)

Edit :

ALTER DATABASE yourbase CHARACTER SET UTF8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci

And the problem is solved ;)

By default mysql uses uft8_general_ci, if the system uses another one is because someone set latin_swedish_ci as the default. Glad to know that you worked out ;)

By the way, I will fix the tables to force the utf8_general_ci collation in 2.4 ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back