• Hey Guest, don't forget to VOTE on each RFC topic. Your voting determine Chevereto development! No votes, no development.
  • Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

[Suggestion] .tif file

Gunz

Chevereto Member
Hello, i notices now that chevereto not support .tif file? Is there a reaseon? I saw that all others images hosting support it.

So my suggestion is to enable this exstention.

Yeah I've tried to implement it myself, but adding the function in the image convert, but I just can't select the file.

Hopefully Rod will reply with a good answer, so I can see what I'm doing wrong...then I can post a tutorial on how to support more files.

PSD converter would be nice but i see that being CPU straining? or even not possible maybe. I don't use tif files, ever but more files the better :D

Main problem with TIFF is that GD doesn't support it and it seems that there isn't a GD workaround to convert TIFF to GD. I've saw many functions using ghostscript (command line) and ImageMagick but since ImageMagick is not a library bundled by default on PHP it won't be widely available as GD. To be honest, ImageMagick is way better than GD but since we can't use it as a standalone class in the class directory it means that both GD and ImageMagick methods should be written, which is not a problem but it will done once all the GD workarounds are made.

Even EPS or PSD have workarounds to be converted to GD but you should know that when you upload a PSD you want a PSD not a PSD converted to PNG. This is because PSD is the file extension of Photoshop and it a layered document, not a image file. I can enable it but I can tell you that designer doesn't like to get their PSD converted to something else.

Still, more the merrier :D It would be cool if people could upload psd or adobe files, and download them, or converting them to an image is still an option, i kinda like it.

All image related file types should be allowed, if some won't be possible, it's ok. Script is good as it is :D

PSD, AI, EPS aren't images. I can add support in the way of "convert this files to a bitmap representation" but the question is... Do you really think that a designer want to upload a PSD and get bitmap either in PNG or JPG?. Is like that someone uploads a ogg and then you convert it to mp3, or upload a m2ts and convert it to mp4... Is not the same.

I'm also very interested in TIFF support. Is this something the developer is considering in the future?

I'm also very interested in TIFF support. Is this something the developer is considering in the future?

At this time I'm not considering to add TIFF support. That's why the suggestion is labeled as "Reviewing".

Back