• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

[Suggestion] Email send links

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunz

Chevereto Member
I don't know if someone proposed it, but i didn't find nothing. I was thinking if it's possible to add an Email option during upload.

For example an user can check "send email" and write his email so when the image is uploaded the link is sent also to his email.

This can usefull if an user must host a lot of images, or however he needs to save the link.

What do you think? :)

Gunz said:
I don't know if someone proposed it, but i didn't find nothing. I was thinking if it's possible to add an Email option during upload.

For example an user can check "send email" and write his email so when the image is uploaded the link is sent also to his email.

This can usefull if an user must host a lot of images, or however he needs to save the link.

What do you think? :)

Yeah could be a great idea to implement ;)

Sounds like a fantastic idea. And shouldn't be to hard to do, just a modified email form.

What I think (as to how it'd work), is have an email option as you said, a form pops below it with the email your sending to, your email and name and then a message.

From there, when the image uploads, code is parsed so it adds the image code into the email (or as an attachment) and then sends.

Any devs want to work on it?

xxshabsxx said:
Sounds like a fantastic idea. And shouldn't be to hard to do, just a modified email form.

What I think (as to how it'd work), is have an email option as you said, a form pops below it with the email your sending to, your email and name and then a message.

From there, when the image uploads, code is parsed so it adds the image code into the email (or as an attachment) and then sends.

Any devs want to work on it?

I could do it, maybe... xD

That does sound like a good addition. I know I often misplace / forget URLS so if I could just search my inbox for it, that'd be awesome.

Have you think that you also need to check if that email really want that feature? We should have some kind of email verification and not just sent email because that could used to spam.

Rodolfo said:
Have you think that you also need to check if that email really want that feature? We should have some kind of email verification and not just sent email because that could used to spam.

It's easy make an email spam, i don't think that users will use this system to spam an email. However you can put on email a link where you can for example disable the email for tot time if you aren't the uploader.

Are there news about that suggestion? I think that a lot of Clients will happy about that mod.

I'm still thinking about it but it will be implemented after user accounts and only registered users can use this feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back