• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Subscription mode: New website mode for monetization

mkerala

👽 Chevereto Freak
I know paid user type has been requested a few time already. But I would like to purpose a new website mode itself as it makes more sense than a user type. This will allow to monetize Chevereto site easily and make it a commercial platform for image hosting.

💡Describe your Feature request

As with existing website mode(Community, Personal), a new mode should be available Subscription. In this mode, the website will be a subscription based platform for the image hosting service. In subscription mode, below features will be available.
  1. Each user will have a subscription plan (Free, Trial, Plan 1, Plan 2)
  2. Details of subscription plan and expire date on profile. (Admin should be able to edit this)
  3. A new Sign up page with different plan selection and payment link. (Payment link configured in Admin dashboard)
  4. Different set of features for Free and Paid user (Upload limit, image expire etc)

👏Where did you saw this?

Many site use this model. An example would be Photobucket.com.

🔥Interest outside our community

I already sell paid subscription for my users. However, it is difficult to differentiate a paid user and normal user in Chevereto. The only option is to keep track of them manually. Users also feel there is no difference between a free user and a paid user profile.

I think it would be cool for Chevereto to be able to tie into billing systems such as WHMCS and Hostbill/Blesta but it really shouldn't become it's own billing platform.

I think it would be cool for Chevereto to be able to tie into billing systems such as WHMCS and Hostbill/Blesta but it really shouldn't become it's own billing platform.
well I think what mkerala meant is that they want to see subscription plans, I have seen some image hosts have paid plans like flickr does and few others. But it would be great idea to see Chevereto have it too so us who want's to have paid plans for example photographers and such can use service and that you can earn some money from it.

To support subscriptions we are going to focus in the actual elements required to get this rolling and ignore stuff like payments, reminders, etc. From system operations, all what we need to know if the user is subscribed and manage expirations so when the sub expires the extra permissions stop taking effect.

My solution for this is to add an admin/manager configurable user setting for user subscriptions, that way you can configure the sub status and when it does expire. On Dashboard you will be able to pick which features will require subscription (upload, likes, albums, etc.). Later on the API will support to manage user subscriptions which will enable you to use it on top of any software you may want to use to drive your business.

Sounds good?

To support subscriptions we are going to focus in the actual elements required to get this rolling and ignore stuff like payments, reminders, etc. From system operations, all what we need to know if the user is subscribed and manage expirations so when the sub expires the extra permissions stop taking effect.

My solution for this is to add an admin/manager configurable user setting for user subscriptions, that way you can configure the sub status and when it does expire. On Dashboard you will be able to pick which features will require subscription (upload, likes, albums, etc.). Later on the API will support to manage user subscriptions which will enable you to use it on top of any software you may want to use to drive your business.

Sounds good?
Yes, that sounds perfect. Can we also set separate upload size and flood limits for subscribed users?

I also would like the ability to have paid subscriptions for users.

The issue I faced in the past is my hard drive fills up to fast then i am forced to upgrade my server which costs too much money.

I was paying for it all myself and it gets expensive. So i wanted to charge my users money monthly or yearly to keep using my service.

Payments via Bitcoin would be great. Paypal sucks

Last edited:
Back