• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.
  • Chevereto Support CLST

Support response

Support checklist

storing session data

hshamy

Chevereto Member
hello
i moved my website to temporary hosting with limited Inode (ihave external storage for images)
and every time i got visitor it make inode increases.. so i contact with hosting support and i got that reply :
((if Inode usage increases after each visit on your website, it means that your website is storing session data))

for now i clear old files in /tmp

do i have to do any thing else
any thing i can eadit with chevereto ??

thanks

Each time someone uploads some image, the system creates at least 3 inodes: The actual image, thumb and temp image. If the image is larger than your medium size setting, it will be 4 inodes.

For running an image hoster you simply need more inodes.

thanks Rodolfo for reply
but i have external vps for images ... i dont use sheard hosting for images

the inods increases without any upload !!! ,,, just any visit make it increases ...
is that normal ???
sory for my poor information

thanks

I don't know, is something that you have to discover on your own. Each server is different and I never encountered this issue.

hello
i try to find what is make that problem
i ask hosting suport again to help :
thy replay me about session that make inode increases :

From the list you can see that the most Inodes are stored in the directory in the session folder, which is created by your site. These files are generated when the site is being used and not by hosting.

Inodes / Directoy
10639 ./.cagefs/var/cpanel/php/sessions/ea-php56
640 ./public_html/content/images/users

101 ./public_html/app/vendor/google/apiclient-services/src/Google/Service/Games
102 ./public_html/app/vendor/google/apiclient-services/src/Google/Service/Devprojects
107 ./public_html/app/vendor/google/apiclient-services/src/Google/Service/AdExchangeBuyerII
107 ./public_html/app/vendor/google/apiclient-services/src/Google/Service/Books
109 ./public_html/app/vendor/google/apiclient-services/src/Google/Service/Dialogflow
110 ./public_html/app/vendor/google/apiclient-services/src/Google/Service/Analytics
111 ./public_html/app/vendor/rackspace/php-opencloud/lib/OpenCloud/Common/Exceptions
129 ./public_html/app/vendor/google/apiclient-services/src/Google/Service/Slides
136 ./public_html/app/vendor/google/apiclient-services/src/Google/Service/Dataflow
147 ./public_html/app/vendor/aws/aws-sdk-php/src/data
165 ./public_html/app/vendor/google/apiclient-services/src/Google/Service/DLP
175 ./public_html/app/vendor/google/apiclient-services/src/Google/Service/YouTube
185 ./public_html/app/vendor/aws/aws-sdk-php/src
186 ./public_html/app/vendor/google/apiclient-services/src/Google/Service/Vision
187 ./public_html/app/vendor/google/apiclient-services/src/Google/Service/Sheets
225 ./public_html/app/vendor/google/apiclient-services/src/Google/Service/Dfareporting
255 ./public_html/app/vendor/google/apiclient-services/src/Google/Service/ShoppingContent
325 ./public_html/app/vendor/aws/aws-sdk-php/.changes
338 ./public_html/app/vendor/google/apiclient-services/src/Google/Service
516 ./public_html/app/vendor/google/apiclient-services/src/Google/Service/Compute

thanks

Do you realize that people using your website means inode usage right? Problem here seems to be that your server keeps sessions forever.

Back