• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Specifying photo order

mickpunk

Chevereto Noob
I am evaluating this as an alternative to posting photos on Imgur, which I like using as a travel-log; in a specific order (filename is fine) with captions. I have installed the free version on my server and am playing with it. Images seem to be ordered based on what? Not file name. Is there a way to change this? Will the paid version allow this?

I can add a description I see, that will work. The remaining blocker is specific image order, to tell a story.

Unfortunately, you can't manually specify the order for listings.

Honestly this is an essential feature bcs it doesn't make sense if new visitors just see the newest content but it would be of course best if they see by default the whole content and then, when they come back and they are also getting more used to the site and it's options they can decide to sort by other criteria.

The system has been made for sharing of large image collections, it supports external storage and seek listings for this reason. Support for manual ordering is a nice feature, but I won't go that far to say that it is essential.

Albums as we know should be renamed to "folders". Then "collections" should be added to allow users to craft sets that they want to showcase and being able to customize several display options for that matter.

Not sure we talk about the same thing. but anyway should it be possible to set up the system with everyones personal needs. i organize collections in albums without categories which is best for my and my friends needs. if there is a guest clicking an album the first time he should see the whole content of the album sorted by name or date first (as the system anyway reloads by scrolling down only it will not harm speed) and not just "newest". necessary especially as @mickpunk says if you tell a story with your pics. many users might be new to the system/site and not know they can change manually the view/order so they just see the last newest pics in this album and might not come back bcs they just see a small part of the content. yes i still think this is essential as any other good pic software/organizer, online or offline, provides it for a reason. if i just have overseen something please just tell me where to find instructions for the default view/order.

if i just have overseen something please just tell me where to find instructions for the default view/order.
Unfortunately, you can't choose the default photo ordering, neither manually control how the content will be displayed at this time.

But I get your concern, I mean why the whole hassle of selfhosting if the system doesn't allow you this kind of customization. I hope to address this kind of limitations with V4.

In my experience, some platforms order images by upload time or other factors. You might want to check the settings or options to reorder them manually.

Back