• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

SPAM Upload

Logan

Chevereto Member
Hello
Some users are upload bad content to my Image host and also keep reporting to my Server Provider by intentionally.
I have blocked dozen of IP and seems all are of PROXY and VPN.
Please guide me to fix these kinds of issues to my image host, as it is not possible to monitor every uploaded image for such stuff, please guide me to handle such abuse to my image-host as well the issues we are seeing in our society with these contents.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know what you expect, this is usual in user powered content. You have to moderate or simply close the registrations and don't provide a public service.

As far as the alleged content, I got contacted by the IWF as they wanted me to add their image recognition service to the Chevereto demo. I explained them that is just a demo for a system with about 20,000 different installations out there and that I could add their API to Chevereto (software).

They never replied back, they never gave me the API docs or anything to work with so I assume that they are willing to provide their API only after manual approval or under certain conditions.

IWF has the only free API service for this, previously I contacted Microsoft and I got the same no-response. My conclusion is that both of them don't care about everybody, just the huge traffic driven websites.

The only thing left is the nudity detection which could help to filter the moderation needed. An image recognition requires a huge database for build the thing and for now that is not on our reach.

Hopefully with time the image recognition will be cheaper to run and this will be just a bad memory.

Yes, that I understand.
This is shame on them that they are not standing with people like us who suffer most.
due to the recent incident, I have to pay some good amount to my host to get my server free from hostile.
I wish this become available for use sooner.

We are not monetizing our image host and this kind of incident really hurt our sediments.

:(

We are not monetizing our image host and this kind of incident really hurt our sediments.

I believe that the biggest cause of trouble is how Chevereto monetizes websites. Basically, we do ads and to get money out of them we need a ton of moderation and a lot of traffic which means guest uploads. That model worked in the past, but with the years we have seen how fragile that system is and how it heavy depends on the big G. I do believe that banners are a dead end, and I think that paid subscriptions will be the way to make money from V4 and up which will shift the way we manage and build our websites.

Public available content will always require moderation and the trick is to find ways to make it more automated and filtered so the human interaction required (costs) is minimum. On this regard, I'm building the new system without the boundaries that I self imposed in the past, so we should get remarkable progress here.

I do share your concerns and I hope to improve all this.

Back