• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Some integration / User permission questions

ScrtachMang

Chevereto Noob
So I have a few questions regarding the Full version. I really with there was a trail version that after "X" days or weeks reverted to the "Free" version rather than having a 'crippled' version missing the critical functionality most people want.. But hey :) It's all good....

1 - Integration with Xenforo? Can anyone show me how that works and what it looks like? What about thing Facebook?, Instagram?, Twitter?

2 - Right's Management on a per user / group basis. Specifically with regard to external linking. Can that be restricted allowing users to hotlink to Site "X" but not Site "Y"? Or can things like linking to FB, Ig, Tw, be turned on and off based on user / group membership? How much granular control does one have over users and their abilities?

3 - Single Sign On from an Xenforo Forum, is that possible?

1 - Integration with Xenforo? Can anyone show me how that works and what it looks like? What about thing Facebook?, Instagram?, Twitter?
I won't go that far to say that it is integrated with these. For XenForo, it includes a plugin called PUP. For Facebook and Twitter, it allows to use these as login providers. There's no integration with Instagram.

2 - Right's Management on a per user / group basis. Specifically with regard to external linking. Can that be restricted allowing users to hotlink to Site "X" but not Site "Y"?/QUOTE]
There's no user groups, but roles (guest, member, manager, admin) and you can't restrict external linking based on these, you either block/allo entirely a list of websites using server rules (Apache htaccess, nginx server block).

Or can things like linking to FB, Ig, Tw, be turned on and off based on user / group membership?
No. There's no user groups.

How much granular control does one have over users and their abilities?
You can configure stuff on/off for guest/members but not that granular as you may expect as there's no user groups.

3 - Single Sign On from an Xenforo Forum, is that possible?
We don't have SSO and since that thing is an standar, you should realize that it needs both systems supporting that. Neither Chevereto or XenForo support that.

Back