• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

SMTP Email issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rinku2012

Hello,

Recently i have moved my website to a new server where i have php 5.6 installed. i have configured my email service as smtp and all these days it was working fine.
Suddenly i see that emails are not going through and when i try to change the SMTP Settings its giving me error.

SMTP Exception>>
SMTP Error: Could not connect to SMTP host.

I saw that from php 5.6 something got changed. SSL and TLS settings needs some changes.

When i change the email to PHP, emails are working but sometimes going to spam.

The exact SMTP details are working with Vbulletin and other softwares on my server ( when i change the connection to port 25 and no SSL)

when i keep the same connection settings in Chevereto script, its giving me below error for unsecured port

SMTP Exception>>
SMTP Error: Could not connect to SMTP host.

how should i fix it ?

PS: there is no issue with SMTP credentials as they are working with vbulletin and other softwares on the same server

Refer to your hosting company. The system is telling you that it was unable to connect and that's all. If the system can connect there is nothing on script side that you can do about it.

I already refereed to my hosting company Rodolfo. we tested before i opened this post.
Same SMTP credentials are working from another scritp ( vbulletin forum). Hosting provider is telling there is nothing they can do as same credentials are working from another script and asked me to approach you

I also have this problem, my mail-tester score is 10/10 and I have the exact same setup on another site with no issue. But on my image site some of the mail goes to spam.

I also have this problem, my mail-tester score is 10/10 and I have the exact same setup on another site with no issue. But on my image site some of the mail goes to spam.
That's a totally different problem. Actually is not a problem, is just how email deliverability works

Use a transactional email provider like Railgun.

I already refereed to my hosting company Rodolfo. we tested before i opened this post.
Same SMTP credentials are working from another scritp ( vbulletin forum). Hosting provider is telling there is nothing they can do as same credentials are working from another script and asked me to approach you

It is getting a connect issue so the email library (PHPMailer) is working. The thing is trying to connect so the issue isn't the library. Most likely is something related to open ssl or something like that.

Send me FTP and admin access to try to debug it to inbox@chevereto.com

Last edited:
After enabling PHP error log and reading the error_log file I got this:

Code:
[31-Oct-2016 22:16:27 America/New_York] PHP Warning:  stream_socket_enable_crypto(): SSL operation failed with code 1. OpenSSL Error messages:
error:14090086:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE:certificate verify failed in /app/vendor/phpmailer/class.smtp.php on line 344

I went to that line and I found that PHPMailer was always using TLS (auto TLS):

PHP:
if ($this->SMTPAutoTLS and $sslext and $secure != 'ssl' and $this->smtp->getServerExt('STARTTLS')) {

Turns out that they always use SMTPAutoTLS. You have to force SMTPAutoTLS to FALSE if your connection is unsecured. I've added those in the system already and it will be available in the next update.

Fixed. By the way, you should use an email transactional service because is more reliable for delivery rather than using your server SMTP relay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back