• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Situation in Chile (October 2019)

Rodolfo

⭐ Chevereto Godlike
Chevereto Staff
Administrator
For those who do not know, I am Chilean and I live in Chile. Since October 19 there have been massive social protests in Chile against the entire ruling class. Maybe you have received news about it, but I don't know if you are aware of the escalated in violence and human rights violations due to the use of the military and public forces in an attempt to preserve normality.

Last week president declared "emergency state" and a curfew was imposed in the majority of the large cities of this country. After a march of about 1,2M people, the president removed the emergency state, retired the military forces, removed the curfew and changed some ministers. Unfortunately, he still doesn't pay attention to the actual social demands.

The social demands here are because in our country the size of the state is ridiculously small due to the neoliberalism imposed in dictatorship. In this country, you have to pay (and a lot) for stuff that the state relies on privates to supply. While for some this may sound not that bad, the problem is that the corruption is so huge that politicians sell the state resources to the best bidder, without worrying how that will impact the rest of us.

To put some context, the dictatorship started in 1973 and ended in 1990. Since then, we have been governed by both left and right parties that only perpetuated this model, which caused that 1% of the population owns about 26.5% GDP (180,000 people owns 1/4 of all the country's wealth) and 10% of the population owns 2/3 of the country's wealth (~2M people). We are 18M people living here. Our rich are really rich and own pension funds, sanitary companies, large retail stores, newspapers, TV, electric companies, banks and so on.

I wanted to share this so you can understand what is going on and to tell you about the uncertainty that I feel everyday is very stressing and at sometimes I don't know if this is going to get even worse.

It's all over the news here. The world is watching! - Problem is the media isn't painting the whole picture. Hopefully they'll produce more context when they get their facts verified (if they are able to). Best of wishes for a positive outcome to you and your family.

It is a great pity that there is always corruption in the world and that such people get away with it.

It's terrible to hear what's happening in your country.

Is not it possible in another country where you feel safer to move?

I hope it will soon be better for you in the region.

Is not it possible in another country where you feel safer to move?

I don't fear for my security, even if the things gets worse like back in the 70's. The only fear that I've is that I don't see this going anywhere under this government because while 2/3 powers of the state (congress + judiciary) are up for a new constitution, the government (executive power) is just flooding ridiculous social measures and they fully support the use of excessive force.

They call it "get back to normal life". How? By asking victims to retreat the law action against agents of the state, asking people to get back to work as nothing is going on.

I'm pretty sick of how the government only focus in the injuries caused to public forces and they don't say a word about the deaths or the people with perpetual eye damage caused by the excessive use of the force. Not a single word about the tortures and violations. The government just don't say a word and 2 weeks ago they where feeding up their mouths with human rights in Venezuela. I'm just sick of all this, seeing how they manipulate media/evidence. How stupid they believe we are?

Regarding moving to another country, to do that I need a lot of money that I don't have. My money reservoir is paying the development of Chevereto V4 so I can't afford to add the expenses of moving to another country at this point. However, if all my work in Chevereto V4 goes somewhere I will have all the resources needed to really consider the option of get the hell off this country.

The only thing that brings me some peace is to focus in my work. It was hard at the beginning, but now is the only place where I can stop the anguish for a little while. That and video games have helped, but everyday you must to talk about this with someone and I get sadder everyday by seeing how little is someone's life worth for some.

I'm just sick of all this, seeing how they manipulate media/evidence. How stupid they believe we are?
It is the same in every country that the media only report what the state wants or brings in money.
The reality is so often twisted by the media, so I am actually tired of relying on the media reports.
But apparently it's even more extreme in your country, especially because of violence and other crimes.
Very regrettable the whole. :(

I hope for you that it will get better someday. But unfortunately, as it is in politics and especially in such a dictatorship, it takes forever until a real change in favor of the citizens occurs.
Most likely, there will be many victims before a change occurs.

See Germany before the turn (before 1990).
or
Korea with Kim-Jong-Un :(

Everywhere, too many people are oppressed and their human rights violated. It's just cruel and with a common sense hard to believe that these ransom people do to others.

Regarding moving to another country, to do that I need a lot of money that I don't have. My money reservoir is paying the development of Chevereto V4 so I can't afford to add the expenses of moving to another country at this point. However, if all my work in Chevereto V4 goes somewhere I will have all the resources needed to really consider the option of get the hell off this country.
While it is not good (psychologically) to hide behind work in order to escape reality, I can understand you.
I hope that your project leads to a success and that you may be able to lead a better, happier life anywhere else.

(Sorry for my bad english, i have only translate it with google from german ;) )

It is starting to hit mass media and American media:

They're BLINDING THEIR PEOPLE?!
Yes, it is horrible. And there's a case of a guy who lost both eyes. People gathered outside the hospital to provide support and the police force started to drop gas at the hispital entrance.

The police brutality is so awful that the police even beats they own. They beated a police woman who was dressed as a civilian while she was undercover.

Yesterday (Sunday) about 10 p.m. The minister of interior announced a new constitutional process from outside the president's private mansion. It has a fine print so chances are that there will be still people on the streets. Probably they panic when they saw what happened in Bolivia (Evo Morales resignation). Because this was announced without any press conference or anything.

Slowly, they have started recognizing the human rights violations and I hope that all the guys who violated human rights go to jail, starting with the president himself.

Last edited:

🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳

Finally and congratz, but the hard times will start now by rebuilding the whole government from a scratch, i have followed this situation for years now, and i m kinda happy that at least something has changed for now, power to the People!

Back