• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Site not working after host trasnfer

Status
Not open for further replies.

imgamd85

Chevereto Member
Hi.. I have transferred the domain and hosting from arvixe to godaddy. I have pointed the name servers and changed the Ip.

Copied the files from Arvixe account and stored in Godaddy account. But i haven't changed any sql database settings.

Domain: http://imgamd.com/

It says :
Forbidden
You don't have permission to access / on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

You will need to check your server error_log to check what is exactly going on (most likely a bad permission mask on index.php).

<?php
$settings['debug_level'] = 1;

This is wat displayed in app settings... I hav e just copied the files from arvixe and changed mysql settings

Last edited by a moderator:
After changing the value to 3 i get this message..

Fatal error [400]: SQLSTATE[42000] [1044] Access denied for user 'imgamd'@'localhost' to database 'imgamd'
Triggered in /lib/G/classes/class.db.php at line 119

Stack trace:
#0 /lib/G/classes/class.db.php(130): G\DB->__construct()
#1 /app/loader.php(42): G\DB::getInstance()
#2 /index.php(20): include_once('/app/loader.php')

thanks.. i have forgot to add the user to database... Fixed it. But after that i asked for installtion.. i installed but cant see my old images

You have to migrate your database and images from your previous host. Also, please remove your post above with crucial private information about your database.

<?php
$settings['debug_level'] = 1;

This is wat displayed in app settings... I hav e just copied the files from arvixe and changed mysql settings

Change the 1 to 3 to enable debug_level 3.

Hi... yes i did that and edited the databases. And after that it asked to enter the admin details for installation. after installation i cant see my old pics. It looks like a fresh install. Kindly help

You should've moved your old database from previous host. What you did instead, is uploaded the chevereto script and initialized a new installation.

You can still get it back if you have access to your old hosting service. Migrate everything from there, or ask your current host to help you migrate from your previous host.

How can i move the database from old host.. I just renamed the same db user name and pass to new host... Can you say how can i move the database... I still have access to old host

If you use cpanel, login to the old server (cpanel), go to backups and generate a db backup.

Then go to the new server, go to backups and restore the old database into your new server.

How can i move the database from old host.. I just renamed the same db user name and pass to new host... Can you say how can i move the database... I still have access to old host

You should just ask your new host to move your website from your previous host. Many reputed Cpanel hosting providers offer it for free.

Yes, almost all of them do the migration for free. All your website.

Well, migrations are like that. I remember my first website migration it was horrible but then you learn more about it.

Last migration I did took me like 40 minutes and no one noticed it (Chevereto.com migration).

yes yes yes....it happens... may be when have multi sites when should try with some dummy content so that we can get to know the errors and solutions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back