• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.
  • Chevereto Support CLST

Support response

Support checklist

• ⚠️ Got a Something went wrong message? Read this guide and provide the actual error. Do not skip this.
    • ✅ Confirm that the server meets the System Requirements
    • 🔥 Check for any available Hotfix - your issue could be already reported/fixed
    • 📚 Read documentation - It will be required to Debug and understand Errors for a faster support response

Site blank after update to latest version

Status
Not open for further replies.

netsmith

Chevereto Member
Hi I ran the updater to my site tcphotos.net just before the new year. It seemed to process as usual but then flashed up an error, which I didn't get chance to copy down. Now any url I hat on my site just delivers a blank page. Viewing source shows the page starts to render but then just stops. There are no errors in the log about the blank page. Last errors in the log are...

[03-Dec-2019 06:50:09 Europe/London] Request denied
[13-Dec-2019 15:58:32 Europe/London] Request denied
[13-Dec-2019 15:58:37 Europe/London] Request denied
[18-Dec-2019 04:45:29 UTC] G\DBException: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2 "No such file or directory") in /home/tcphotos/public_html/lib/G/classes/class.db.php:99
Stack trace:
#0 /home/tcphotos/public_html/lib/G/classes/class.db.php(110): G\DB->__construct()
#1 /home/tcphotos/public_html/app/loader.php(65): G\DB::getInstance()
#2 /home/tcphotos/public_html/index.php(20): include_once('/home/tcphotos/...')
#3 {main}
[21-Dec-2019 09:06:39 Europe/London] Request denied
[21-Dec-2019 09:06:43 Europe/London] Request denied
[21-Dec-2019 09:06:45 Europe/London] Request denied
[21-Dec-2019 09:06:51 Europe/London] Request denied
[21-Dec-2019 09:07:24 Europe/London] Request denied
[21-Dec-2019 09:07:25 Europe/London] Request denied
[21-Dec-2019 09:07:27 Europe/London] Request denied
[21-Dec-2019 09:08:57 Europe/London] Request denied
[21-Dec-2019 09:09:00 Europe/London] Request denied
[21-Dec-2019 09:09:02 Europe/London] Request denied
[24-Dec-2019 08:02:19 Europe/London] Request denied
[24-Dec-2019 08:02:39 Europe/London] Request denied
[03-Jan-2020 11:03:32 America/Santiago] Missing /home/tcphotos/public_html/app/install/update/temp/chevereto_3.14.0_98259a1b448b369d49d0a7d4.zip file

The third is when I tried to apply the update. Please can you advise how I can rectify this and/or try and execute the update again manually? I have lots of users and images uploaded so I don't want to lose any of the existing content.

regards
Chris

Hosted at TMDHosting

Cheverto version is/was 3.13.4

php version 5.6.40

MySQL Version10.1.41-MariaDB

When downloading the update do I download the one installer.php file, or the full 3.14.1 pack?

The update guide includes all relevant links, including the download link.

• Download the latest release
  • Backup all your file changes (theme, routes, etc.)
  • Upload all the files and folders from the chevereto folder
  • Login to your website (admin user) and then go to /install
  • Restore or merge your file changes (only if needed)

Will just uploading the files again let me login? At the moment the login page is completely blank too (try it - you’ll see it starts to render then just stops)

Will just uploading the files again let me login?
Usually the update is recommended not because it fixes stuff, is because it contains the most recent version of the system files so it provides a base to work with. At this time I can't answer if the update will fix or not the issues. I know that you posted some error log, but that doesn't say me anything about the real run time error causing the white page. You are reporting 3 unrelated issues (sockets, 403, download missing file) so it is impossible to me to determine what is causing the white page at this time.

Chances are that you have a lot of assorted issues, I need to check the server directly. Send server access to REDACTED (put the link to this topic as reference).

Please note that I only afford 1 hour per day to check any conflicting installation and I always have queue. It is a very slow process and I kindly ask you for patience.

To be clear, I had no problems at all before I tried to install the update (which I did after I received an email recommending I did) I followed the normal update process, which failed and left the site in its current in accessible state. I cannot now access any page on the site, not the login page or the dashboard or any of the usual public facing pages. I thought if I could try and run the update again manually it might resolve the initial failure.

Unfortunately, this ticket has more than seven days without a reply or feedback from the original poster. We will now consider this ticket abandoned and its now closed.

Don't hesitate to create a new ticket if this matter is still causing you issues.

Ticket closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back