• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Show Thumbnails in Explore

BigBoiJefe

Chevereto Member
I noticed that in Explore the images are actually md size images instead of actually showing the thumbnails. Can you add an option to show the thumbnail images? Why are md shown in the first place?

I noticed that in Explore the images are actually md size images instead of actually showing the thumbnails. Can you add an option to show the thumbnail images? Why are md shown in the first place?

Because .md is usually larger than the thumbs so I use that in the listings.

I don't understand this. All images in /Explore are all md image sizes, but I'm guessing you're using css to mask the actual size of the image? All i'd like to have is the ability to actually show the thumbnails on the /Explore route to decrease the load time of the site. In my case the md filesize for one image is about 60KB compared to 8KB for the thumbnail size. That quite a substantial difference in size.

I don't understand this. All images in /Explore are all md image sizes, but I'm guessing you're using css to mask the actual size of the image? All i'd like to have is the ability to actually show the thumbnails on the /Explore route to decrease the load time of the site. In my case the md filesize for one image is about 60KB compared to 8KB for the thumbnail size. That quite a substantial difference in size.

Yes, is 8KB 100x100 vs 60KB 500xsomething.

If you want to edit that you can customize class.image.php code that generates that output. Search for "display_url". You can also change all the %IMAGE_DISPLAY_URL% to %IMAGE_THUMB_URL% in Peafowl/tpl_list_item (make sure to also update the height and width tags)

Last edited:
Back