• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Share on Facebook preview

Status
Not open for further replies.

nan.adrian

Chevereto Member
Hi,

We do have a problem with sharing a GIF image on Facebook, if we want to share a big image ( like 14mb or more ), the Facebook post is created but it is shown as a blank white page . It has something to do with size, if we post a 8mb GIF then the preview is available and shown correctly.

I know the problem is not with Chevereto, but I am seeking for any guidelines that could help me solve this problem.
Before switching to Chevereto we used giphy.com and it worked great with even 20mb GIFs.

I attached a screen shoot of a post made with a 14mb GIF.

Thanks!

Attachments

• facebook.png
    facebook.png
    35.8 KB · Views: 16
That's because if the image is too big Facebook will just don't show it up. I will add a clause to detect the image size and show a still preview rather than the big gif image.

Do you have any idea why Giphy.com is working with big images ? They don't show a static preview, they actually show the GIF.

Because they show a smaller file rather than the actual GIF image.

I tested with a big GIF ( 40mb ), no preview and with a smaller one ( 20mb ) and the preview is shown as my site logo, it's not the gif preview.
Any idea of how to fix this ?

EDIT: Also the share link dialog of facebook is edited and now includes the image name and album.
Thanks!

Last edited:
I tested with a big GIF ( 40mb ), no preview and with a smaller one ( 20mb ) and the preview is shown as my site logo, it's not the gif preview.
Any idea of how to fix this ?

Please note that for me is impossible to help if you don't provide more details like for instance the image URL. By the way, if you need help please open a topic in Tech support.

Topic closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back