• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Several Questions

imgsco

Chevereto Member
Hi there,

Currently I am testing out Cheverto (free version) on this site, and am interested in upgrading to the paid version soon. However, I was hoping to get some answers to some questions I have:

First off, what's different between the free version and paid version? From what I can tell, the paid version includes support for uploading multiple images as well as adding the option of sharing the image(s) with Reddit (previous versions did not have this).

I was wondering if I could use SSL, as ideally I would like to offer this service using https instead of http.

Must I use Apache? Does anyone succesfully run this on Nginx? I could setup a dev server and try, but I don't really want to if I can get the answer here.

Is there an admin backend yet for viewing recently uploaded images? I'm currently working on one for the free version, though it's very basic and simple. All it does is list the most recently uploaded images in order of the newest and that's pretty much it. I plan on continuing to work on it and adding some features required for moderating such a site, but was wondering if the paid version included one.

Thanks!

1. Main differences between free and paid: Theme support, OO PHP, multiple image upload, changed languages, added more languages, added auto language feature, improved upload and resize, api, more integrations, more stable, more easy to keep up to date, theme functions, ajax uploader, static pages, lifetime support, lifetime upgrades.

2. SSL, sure.

3. You can use apache, nginx over apache (best) and nginx (you need a little tweak to make it work).

4. A unbelievable file manager will be introduced on 2.1 (in less than a month).

Rodolfo said:
1. Main differences between free and paid: Theme support, OO PHP, multiple image upload, changed languages, added more languages, added auto language feature, improved upload and resize, api, more integrations, more stable, more easy to keep up to date, theme functions, ajax uploader, static pages, lifetime support, lifetime upgrades.

2. SSL, sure.

3. You can use apache, nginx over apache (best) and nginx (you need a little tweak to make it work).

4. A unbelievable file manager will be introduced on 2.1 (in less than a month).

1.) Awesome.

2.) Is it simple to implement (does anything need to be altered) or does anything special need to be done? (Obviously besides install an SSL certficiate, which I already can/know how to do)

3.) What sort of tweaking would need to be done to get it work 100% over Nginx? I assume just addressing the URL rewrite rules? (Since Nginx doesn't support .htaccess)

4.) Awesome! Can't wait. What sort of features do you plan on releasing with it? :D

Back