• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Server Write Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashkir

👽 Chevereto Freak
Hello! I upgraded my server to PHP 5.6.

However I noticed the following issues:
  • 5.6, everything works, but image uploads will leave blank image not found pages, but the image did actually upload: http://cdn.nickpic.host/images/lsPAe.jpg vs http://nickpic.host/image/lsPAe
  • If I switch to php 5.5 in the addhandler as documentation suggests, the entire website will turn into an Error 500
  • If I switch to php 5.4 in the addhandler everything functions 100% normally.
Any idea what could be causing these drastic issues?

Edit: Okay there's an even worse problems - I started getting several reports of people uploading images, getting links back from Chevereto, but, the images were never uploaded and there's no trace of it being written.

Last edited:
Hey @ashkir

First of all let me point that server issues are not part of the scope of Chevereto support so any help that we could give you is on good will.

5.6, everything works, but image uploads will leave blank image not found pages
That indicates a faulty mod_rewrite / virtual host setup.

If I switch to php 5.5 in the addhandler as documentation suggests, the entire website will turn into an Error 500
Check your browser error log for a more complete explanation. "Error 500" doesn't say anything, you need to check the error_log file.

Any idea what could be causing these drastic issues?
Faulty virtual host configuration at your server.

Let me know if I can assist you further,
Ricardo.

Thank you. I'm having it checked now.

Is there a way to restore the images that have been uploaded to the explore/user data sheets? http://nickpic.host/ as can be seen on the front page there's a few images that are taking up spots that don't exist, but they do if you directly navigate to them

Looks like a rollback or something.

Those "white spots" are images that are on the database but the actual file doesn't exists. You must either remove those records from the database or you put the missing images in the images folder.

Thank you. I told my host exactly what you said @Ricardo and they were able to figure out what went wrong. The 5.6 from 5.4 upgrade didn't go so well.

When the php compiled, it compiled png and gif, but, jpg was never compiled. and several files were saved in DOS format they converted the files to unix from DOS and the GD library was recompiled along with PHP and it's working flawlessly.

I got 5.6 recompiled. The only issue I'm having with 5.6 is for the ID Image Upload setting is using the same exact letters every time: lFybY, thus overwriting any older images using that. I had to swap my host to "random" for now. Images are uploading fine once agagain I'm happy with the speed.

If I switch to php 5.4 Chevereto performs perfectly. I keep running into barriers with the 5.6 upgrade.

Last edited by a moderator:
For the missing images, file_resource key is empty for those. For example, this image: http://nickpic.host/image/lsPAe is looking for the image at:

Code:
/home/<user>/public_html/images/lFca6.png

The system test those files by using this at app/lib/classes/class.image.php:
PHP:
                if(!file_exists($v)) {
                    unset($targets['chain'][$k]);
                };

The reason why those images aren't being show is because the images aren't in the target path.

The only issue I'm having with 5.6 is for the ID Image Upload setting is using the same exact letters every time: lFybY, thus overwriting any older images using that.

Anytime you had issues with id filenaming just truncate (delete all records) from chv_id_reservations. I just did that and id filenaming is working again for your website.

I keep running into barriers with the 5.6 upgrade.
What about PHP 7?

Thank you. I'll give it a shot. I greatly appreciate it and love using Chevereto.

Unfortunately another software I'm using doesn't support PHP 7 yet. I was told by my host their CentOS builds don't support PHP 7 just yet, but will in a few weeks as well. That time the next software update for the other software I'm using is to roll out.

There is a well known trick to run different php versions in the same server. Basically you need to force PHP version on top of the root .htaccess file.

Some cpanel versions allows you to choose php version by domain, you could also check that.

I unfortunately do not use cPanel. But, I do quite love the NT PHP Selector on cPanel. I might eventually have it installed. Using CWP. Most of this server is done via FTP to keep costs down, and not paying for a cPanel license. I like that Chevereto is rather hands off and it makes my community extremely happy to just have a reliable option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back