• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

SEO URL

Status
Not open for further replies.
First of all let me thank Rodolfo for developing such a nice script. Thanks.
Next thing I found to myself that Chevereto is lacking Seo Friendly Urls. I mean It's a very nice script, if is not the best, but adding a Seo Friendly Feature Url will index our uploaded pages and increase Image hosting site ranks.It will be a killer script!! I am a beginning PHP developer and I am really thinking how can we work it out? I hope on your help,Rodolfo.
Thanks. Nice job again.
P.S. Other guys can be also participated!

rather than making it SEO which is pointless for image hosting site, why not make it to have random image name and folder name?

clafy said:
rather than making it SEO which is pointless for image hosting site, why not make it to have random image name and folder name?

That is more important :)

clafy said:

Why is making SEO for image hosting site pointless? I am not saying about SEO technics, all I wanted is to make Google "see" and index pages and not bypass them.
The more pages are indexed in Google, the better results will get our website on google results. I am chasing Free and Easy Image Hosting Idea, but I will never get those results with only few pages indexed by Google.
Rodolfo, is it possible just to cut extensions like ".jpg",".png" for socialized links?
So http://demo.chevereto.com/?v=xxx01.jpg is gonna be
http://demo.chevereto.com/?v=xxx01
Could you please direct me? what I got to do?
I really hope on your help.
Thanks.

In order to achieve that you will need a dB.
dB -> Seo, folders, etc.

Rodolfo said:
In order to achieve that you will need a dB.
dB -> Seo, folders, etc.

Thanks, Rodolfo. I won't be as easy as I'd like to be:)

I solved this problem by playing with $_GET['v']. All I did was just cutting and adding extension when needed. Because of this I can only support only one the most widespread - JPG. But I am gonna add some convert tool which is gonna convert every image uploaded to JPG, so dB or other folder-stuff is not necessary. This is gonna increase amount of supported images while staying SEO friendly.

I am also thinking about adding Tags, I know I gotta change inputs, but where is the best way to keep them? inside of file? any ideas?

Rodolfo, Thank you, I really like what are you doing.

what did you mean when you said crime? :) I am not gonna kill nobody)
I said that I am just gonna keep them as JPG, but at the same time I will support different types.
Why? because I remove Extenstion for links, and than I automaticly add it. To do that All the files should be with the same extenstion. In opposite way I gotta save file names and do dB as you told before.
Have a nice day, Rodolfo

All images in JPG is just stupid. With that you loose gif transparency, png transparency, gif animations, etc.

hi im new to this forum...
you can easily achieve this with an htaccess file is just a matter of a rewrite rule and update the link structure

ptejada said:
hi im new to this forum...
you can easily achieve this with an htaccess file is just a matter of a rewrite rule and update the link structure
Not really... you can achive blabla.com/view/file.jpg with that.
if you want blabla.com/file-desc-tags/ you need db.

I guess what Rodolfo is trying to say is, each image format serves a different purpose. As a basic rule of thumb:

1) JPG - photographic images with many color and tonal variations
2) GIF/PNG - for images with minimal color palette such as logos and vector arts
3) PNG-24 - for quality transparency, I love it because it allows me to change my site's background color without having to worry about re-touching all the images again, but the size can be 5-6 times bigger than a normal PNG.

Actually the link is already without extension (viewer and short url) so this request is quite fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back