• Hey Guest, don't forget to VOTE on each RFC topic. Your voting determine Chevereto development! No votes, no development.
  • Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Search function for your own account

DeCysos

Phoenix Foto Service
💡Describe your Feature request

You can run the website in community mode or keep it a little more private so that not all users can see each other's content.

This works quite well with the discovery mode, but currently with the search function, all content (of each user) that matches the search criteria is listed there.

I would like to see the possibility of restricting the search function exclusively for the user's account in the administrative settings.

Currently there are the following options:
+ /dashboard/settings
Search = Disabled or Enabled
- when Search Enabled ....
- Guest == Disabled or Enabled

There could therefore still be the function ....
-- when Search Enabled ....
--- Private (account-wide)
--- Community (complete website)

Furthermore, the search function for administrators and moderators should apply without restriction to the setting for the entire website.

👏Where did you saw this?

🔥Interest outside our community

💁‍♂️💁‍♀️

I don't understand this RFC. The search box within the user profile searches content per user basis, isn't that what you are looking for?

I have just tested it again and activated the search function for my page.

I used a normal user account and entered "img" in the search field.

In addition to the image that I have stored in the account with the name img, other images were displayed that have the term "img".

Now my suggestion was that the search should only be "adjustable" for my own account or for the entire community.

There is a global search at the top bar that searches all content. There is a different search at every user profile which search ONLY for the content of the alleged user.

User search (no records, no matches DSC04321 for admin user):

Code:
https://demo.chevereto.com/admin/search/?q=DSC04321

Global search (matches):

Code:
https://demo.chevereto.com/search/images/?q=DSC04321

User search (matches because the user has content named DSC04321:

Code:
https://demo.chevereto.com/3141kd/search/?q=DSC04321

Yes, I understand...

A function change (dropdown) in the global search would be nice. Where you then have the choice of whether you want to search globally or only in your own profile/account.
Additionally, the administrator should still have the option to deactivate the global search.

The search function from the profile, which you mentioned, exists for administrators and moderators, but not for standard users. See screenshot.
Screenshot 2022-11-07 103458.png
The search function for standard users is only available when you activate the global search in the dashboard. But this is not in my sense that the standard user can use the search to look at the content of other users.

Thus, the user has no possibility to search in his own content. Not even by changing the address bar with the corresponding values.

Desired feature still open. (v.4.0.6)

The search in your own profile is currently not possible if the global search is deactivated. (unless you are an admin)

As an admin, however, I don't want to allow the global search, I just want the user to be able to search/find something in their own account.

Desired feature still open. (v.4.0.6)

The search in your own profile is currently not possible if the global search is deactivated. (unless you are an admin)

As an admin, however, I don't want to allow the global search, I just want the user to be able to search/find something in their own account.

Agree, I don't want to allow the global search, I just want the user to be able to search in their own account.
Also, if personal search comes true, it needs a switch to open and close, because search is always the first target when a site is attacked.

Btw, I don't think it's easy for users to search for what they want. Full-text searching at the database level is less than ideal, especially for languages other than english. But other search engines seem to be too heavy, that's a problem.

Back