• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Resize size issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
if somebody have similar problem, you can fix it by removing the 100 from this code in includes/classes/class.upload.php

// Creates the image
switch($extension) {
case 'gif':
imagegif($process, $destination);
break;
case 'png':
imagepng($process, $destination);
break;
case 'jpg':
imagejpeg($process, $destination, 100);
break;

Removing the 100 set the image quality to 60%, you should replace the 100% to arround 80% their should not be any major size changement and the quality will be much better than 60%

Hm.. I should read the compression level of the source image.

bad news, PHP can't tell the image compression level =(

Rodolfo said:
bad news, PHP can't tell the image compression level =(

Why should you need to compression level? I mean, almost every picture is compressed between 60-80% I had a class in school about the compression of pictures, especially jpeg. Their is no point of having a picture compressed higher to 80%, except if you wan to use more place on your server. The only reason you want to compress a jpeg to a level higher to 80% is when you are a professional photographer and you are showing your work on your website, otherwise, 80% is the best ratio for quality/size

I will like to know the compression quality to preserve this quality when the image get resized. Problem is that is huge the difference from a uploaded picture at 100% to 80%, but I think that you are right, there is no point in having 100% quality on something that was resized, and that have been improved by adding a sharpen filter.

BTW, the default level is 75% but I will use 80%

The default level of php is maybe 75% but most of the application used for images editing, such as photoshop or gimp set the default level to 60%

Stepashka said:
Having 80% compression level won't improve the quality of lets say 60% image, it'll just a wast of space.

It depends on what you upload, if you upload a image with quality less than 80% then yes, the thing is useless. But normally the images are on the range of 60->80%

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back